File updates

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

File updates

Post by SharksGM »

Just to give you all a heads up, when the new draftees are ready (hopefully by the weekend for a first pass), I'm going to copy them into the players.ehm file from the last save, so any changes made on the website since the last file upload will be overwritten. That includes demotions/promotions and position changes. Sorry if I overwrite anything you did. If you were planning on rearranging your roster, it's best to wait until I update the file again.

Also, if I noticed anything odd I'll fix it. For example, I think Max Gerlach's shooting ceiling was meant to be 125, not 250. Or 150? I thought ceilings max out at 125.
Vik (Habs)

Re: File updates

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:Also, if I noticed anything odd I'll fix it. For example, I think Max Gerlach's shooting ceiling was meant to be 125, not 250. Or 150? I thought ceilings max out at 125.
They max out at 150. Seeing as Anaheim presumably drafted him in some part because of his 99 SH, should probably have that still be a possibility.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

SharksGM wrote:Just to give you all a heads up, when the new draftees are ready (hopefully by the weekend for a first pass), I'm going to copy them into the players.ehm file from the last save, so any changes made on the website since the last file upload will be overwritten. That includes demotions/promotions and position changes. Sorry if I overwrite anything you did. If you were planning on rearranging your roster, it's best to wait until I update the file again.

Also, if I noticed anything odd I'll fix it. For example, I think Max Gerlach's shooting ceiling was meant to be 125, not 250. Or 150? I thought ceilings max out at 125.
Before drafting Gerlach, I ask Bub if Gerlach was really 250 shooting rating. He told me that no but because it's his mistake he will let it like this to no penalize me for that. So, if Gerlach does'nt have 99 shooting, I 'll be really frustrated because i ask Bub before drafting him...
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Also, if I noticed anything odd I'll fix it. For example, I think Max Gerlach's shooting ceiling was meant to be 125, not 250. Or 150? I thought ceilings max out at 125.
They max out at 150. Seeing as Anaheim presumably drafted him in some part because of his 99 SH, should probably have that still be a possibility.
Ok, he'll stay at 250 and we'll see if he runs over 99 SH, which isn't impossible.

I didn't realize that there are so many players with ratings above POT*125 but for the most part they seem to max out around POT*140 rather than POT*150.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Just FYI, I also updated the cap calculator with the proper UFA birthday cutoff (1990 not 1989) and with current ratings from the file, which will change some players' salaries.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... fJnsC2NDRo if you lost the link.
NYR GM

Post by NYR GM »

Unrelated, but I'm getting the "Run Time Error 6 - Overflow" error. I remember getting this before, but I don't quite remember how to deal with it. Any definitive suggestions? A quick search of past posts suggests using 1.17?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

NYR GM wrote:Unrelated, but I'm getting the "Run Time Error 6 - Overflow" error. I remember getting this before, but I don't quite remember how to deal with it. Any definitive suggestions? A quick search of past posts suggests using 1.17?
Ya, I think I used 1.18 to get past it?
Most recent file here.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Yeah, I'm also using 1.18 but IIRC even it couldn't get me to next season.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Haven't tried it but if you get the 24% rollback ditty here, I'd imagine that'll do the trick (the bug is caused by salaries being too high).
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

Whenever I get the run time error. I use the 24% rollback tool and it gets me past

Return to “League Memos”