Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

February 8, 2015

Post by Jets GM »

Results here: http://www.ehechockey.com/schedule.php

Standings here: http://www.ehechockey.com/standings.php

League leaders here: http://www.ehechockey.com/leagueleaders.php

League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

VAN and OTT had suspended players in their lineup...

Hawks smoke the Blues, Rooney MIA...
Are the Panthers making the playoffs? 5-1 Cats...
Caps destroy the Broadstreet Bullies...
Sabres shutout the Isles...
14 straight W's for TB, 5-0 over Anaheim...
Bub wins!
Jets over the Avs...
Boston edges MTL..

Martin, sorry I forget to check the e-mail. Post if you want XP on the 9th.
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Re: February 8, 2015

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Calgary and Colorado are both under the roster minimum (Calgary's trade would fix it for them).
New Jersey's over the contract limit.
Nashville's still over the cap.
Montreal's over the cap. It looks like my demotion of Simmonds (not waiver eligible) didn't go through. Also, given that my promotions look like they were done in the game rather than the file, I'm guessing they didn't go through either.

Actually, after looking through, I'm guessing there's a problem with the players file (maybe Justin grabbed the wrong one). Adam Hall's leadership bumped up from 66 to 68 which shouldn't be possible in season but I checked the February 6th file and it was 68 then. Also, looking at my players it seems a lot of their development reversed itself (including Steve Santini whose ratings should be set for a few games while he's suspended).
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

...I'm concerned.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

It's true, Hall did gain 2 LE... Justin, how did you manage that?

I didn't download the Saturday file so I can't compare. Bub, can you check the diff between the two players.ehm?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Quite confident I downloaded the latest savefile, and grabbed the necessary files from the FTP.

MTL was missing some NHL/AHL movement.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SharksGM wrote:It's true, Hall did gain 2 LE... Justin, how did you manage that?

I didn't download the Saturday file so I can't compare. Bub, can you check the diff between the two players.ehm?
I don't have the Saturday file on this computer; it's at home. But I'll check the files later.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Even if I did not grab players.ehm from the FTP successfully (quite possible, but I recall doing it), I used the most current savefile.

Player development would of carried over...unless I grabbed a mysterious players.ehm from a secret part of the FTP server....... :shock:
Most recent file here.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

There's definitely something wrong.

Backes shouldn't be suspended anymore, but he still is according to GMO...
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:There's definitely something wrong.

And Santini's suspension has been lifted. It really looks to me like the February 6th players file was used.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:There's definitely something wrong.

And Santini's suspension has been lifted. It really looks to me like the February 6th players file was used.
But all the scores from the 7th are the same?
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Even if I did not grab players.ehm from the FTP successfully (quite possible, but I recall doing it), I used the most current savefile.

Player development would of carried over...unless I grabbed a mysterious players.ehm from a secret part of the FTP server....... :shock:
Did you copy over the players file from the ftp after getting the latest zip?

Maybe it didn't copy? Or it downloaded somewhere else?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Even if I did not grab players.ehm from the FTP successfully (quite possible, but I recall doing it), I used the most current savefile.

Did you copy over the players file from the ftp after getting the latest zip?

Maybe it didn't copy? Or it downloaded somewhere else?
It is possible, but I would say it's highly unlikely. I recall downloading the gamefile the night before (and then doing it again before the sim just in case).

There is the chance it didn't overwrite the EHM files in my EHM directory, but I still would of been using the gamefile from the 7th. It doesn't explain how the suspensions went missing, or this wacky development stuff.

I am definitely open to the idea it was my error...I just can't figure out where I messed up.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I use FileZilla. Is there a way I can access what I have downloaded the last 24 hours, and what directory it was downloaded to?
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Tampa Bay GM wrote:I use FileZilla. Is there a way I can access what I have downloaded the last 24 hours, and what directory it was downloaded to?
Dunno. Never used FileZilla.

Unless something major has gone wonky with the file, I'd suggest we just reset the suspensions for Backes (zero games) and Santini (now three), and go on from there. Stats and standings seem to be okay; although Hartnell's suspension didn't go in either: he should be set at two games as well.

EDIT: I went in and fixed the above suspensions.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I think that sounds best. I know it sucks for whoever lost out on some development, but that infamous Saturday night gong show a few months ago resulted in me losing out on Giroux's Positioning jumping to 89.

Really weird though, I will be careful tonight to be sure I do things properly.

Using the file from the 6th (which I don't think I did) does not explain Hall's jump in LE though?
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:But all the scores from the 7th are the same?
I haven't really checked the rest of the files but I think it's just the players file that was messed up.
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Unless something major has gone wonky with the file, I'd suggest we just reset the suspensions for Backes (zero games) and Santini (now three), and go on from there. Stats and standings seem to be okay; although Hartnell's suspension didn't go in either: he should be set at two games as well.
Bieksa should be down to 16 and Palushaj 3. If there are any other suspensions, good chance they'll be messed up too.
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Using the file from the 6th (which I don't think I did) does not explain Hall's jump in LE though?
It was 68 then. I presume it went down a couple points as a result of playing in the AHL (vopatization at work).

There'll be some other problems with the players file (for example, anything relating to stats) too. I'd say the easiest fix would be to re-sim without caring about getting the same results (arguably the differences in attributes and attitude and what have you could have impacted things). Barring that, I can probably see if I can fix things up some but that'll take some doing.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I am okay with either option, and will wait for Bub to make a final decision before simming tonight.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Leaving the file as is would leave a bunch of players short at least one game's worth of ratings, stats, attitude changes, etc. Not sure if this would snowball into bigger problems later. The safest option would be to re-sim IMO, even if it won't give the same results. Oh and Clowe is suspended too but I don't recall if he was supposed to be at 5 or 6... I think 6 is right.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote:Leaving the file as is would leave a bunch of players short at least one game's worth of ratings, stats, attitude changes, etc. Not sure if this would snowball into bigger problems later. The safest option would be to re-sim IMO, even if it won't give the same results. Oh and Clowe is suspended too but I don't recall if he was supposed to be at 5 or 6... I think 6 is right.
Starting to sound like re-simming is the best option...

It would make all the suspensions back to normal, correct?

I still don't get what could of happen.

We have established I used the correct savefile. If it's that I didn't successfully grab players.ehm from the FTP site, how does that explain the suspensions reverting backwards?
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:We have established I used the correct savefile. If it's that I didn't successfully grab players.ehm from the FTP site, how does that explain the suspensions reverting backwards?
It would've skipped the February 7th games so that Bieksa and Palushaj wouldn't've gotten credit for sitting out against New Jersey, Backes against Columbus, etc.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Leaving the file as is would leave a bunch of players short at least one game's worth of ratings, stats, attitude changes, etc. Not sure if this would snowball into bigger problems later. The safest option would be to re-sim IMO, even if it won't give the same results. Oh and Clowe is suspended too but I don't recall if he was supposed to be at 5 or 6... I think 6 is right.
Starting to sound like re-simming is the best option...
Just say all 3 players appealed their suspensions during that period, and that all 3 were denied and that their suspensions start immediately.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Sounds like a re-sim is what's in order. Justin, I've got the zip file from my Saturday sim, and I'll upload it to the ftp and add the date to the file name so you'll know which one to grab. No need to grab the latest players file from the files folder on the ftp, just use the zip file.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Sounds like a re-sim is what's in order. Justin, I've got the zip file from my Saturday sim, and I'll upload it to the ftp and add the date to the file name so you'll know which one to grab. No need to grab the latest players file from the files folder on the ftp, just use the zip file.
Okay, sounds good Bub.
Most recent file here.

Return to “2014-15 EHEC Regular Season”