April 29, 2014

Virtual Jarmo

April 29, 2014

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

MTL 6 - CAR 1
Shots: 27-21 MTL
PP: MTL - 0/1; CAR - 0/2

01:04 1-0 MTL Eric Brewer [2] (Daniel Gunnarsson, David Backes)
03:05 2-0 MTL Ales Hemsky [3] (Marc Savard, Luca Sbisa)
16:06 3-0 MTL Valtteri Filppula [1] (Luca Sbisa, Sheldon Souray)
------------------------------------------------------------
23:22 4-0 MTL David Backes [4] (Alexander Frolov)
46:08 5-0 MTL Valtteri Filppula [2] (Joe Pavelski, Peter Holland)
47:05 5-1 CAR Mike Brown [1] (Thomas Wilson, Casey Borer)
48:06 6-1 MTL Brenden Morrow [5] (David Backes, Eric Brewer)

Three stars:
1st: David Backes
2nd: Valtteri Filppula
3rd: Eric Brewer

Montreal wins 4-3

NJ 4 - WSH 3
Shots: 27-22 WSH
PP: NJ - 0/2; WSH - 0/4

03:51 1-0 WSH Max Friberg [1] (Patrik Elias, Brian Lashoff)
15:37 1-1 NJ Blake Wheeler [1] (Ilya Kovalchuk, Olli Maatta)
34:52 1-2 NJ Steven Stamkos [4] (Quentin Shore)SH
43:39 2-2 WSH Pavel Datsyuk [2] (Zach Parisé)
46:55 2-3 NJ Mattias Tedenby [4] (Steven Stamkos, Evgeni Malkin)
49:44 3-3 WSH Vladimir Tarasenko [2] (Morgan Rielly, Zach Parisé)
58:07 3-4 NJ Sebastien Wannstrom [3] (Ilya Kovalchuk, Evgeni Malkin)

Three stars:
1st: Steven Stamkos
2nd: Evgeni Malkin
3rd: Mattias Tedenby

New Jersey wins 4-3
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Re: April 29, 2014

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal's comeback is successful at home in a 6-1 rout, while the Capitals fail to be the first team to overcome a 3-0 deficit as injuries were probably just too much.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

gg devils
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Would've liked it better the other way around.
Nice comeback though, MTL.
Devils_GM

Post by Devils_GM »

That was a huge scare, happy to come away with the W, despite getting outshot for just the 2nd time in the series.

Great comeback and great series though, moving on we will have some work to do to progress further.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

CAR 4 - MTL 3 (OT)
Shots: 29-25 CAR
PP: CAR - 1/6; MTL - 0/1

01:09 0-1 MTL Chris Drury [1] (Matt Cullen, Andrei Kostitsyn)
04:59 1-1 CAR Tuomo Ruutu [3] (Zach Boychuk, Eric Staal)
17:58 1-2 MTL Andrei Kostitsyn [1] (Sheldon Souray, Luca Sbisa)
23:45 2-2 CAR Thomas Wilson [1] (Tim Gleason, Joni Pitkänen)
31:55 3-2 CAR Brandon Sutter [1] (Thomas Wilson, Joni Pitkänen)
53:03 3-3 MTL David Backes [1] (Mike Fisher, Matt Niskanen)
63:58 4-3 CAR Mikko Koivu [2] (Tuomo Ruutu)PP

Three stars:
1st star: Tuomo Ruutu
2nd star: Thomas Wilson
3rd star: Mikko Koivu

Carolina leads best-of-seven Eastern Conference Quarterfinal 3-0
Montreal Canadiens

I guess MTL isn't a team in EHEC then.....bummer....

Unfortunate we didn't start the first 4 games like the last 4, but hey, can't complain after clawing our way back from down 3-0. I had a feeling Dave was going to switch things up, so I did as well. Pumped it worked out.

Perhonen is insane. 90.8 SPCT in the playoffs is unheard of. Morrow-Backes-Frolov (more so Morrow-Backes) really took this series over in Game 4. Playoffs are a funny thing, lost 3 straight, benched Filppula, played him game 7 and he scored 2 goals. After dropping the first 2, home ice paid off.

Glad we're on a mini winning streak going into the series vs the Bolts as we're gonna need it. Hopefully Pavelski gets shit together for Round 2.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Veri impressive, Brad.

When does round 2 start?
Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

I'm gonna assume Friday.

West tomorrow, East Friday?
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

2. Players can only play their natural or alternate position as determined by
EHM. The only exception to this rule is that forwards can be used as
defensemen on the powerplay.

And here i thought it said in the rulebook that you were NOT allowed to play a player out of his position(s)..........guess the rules are allowed to bend
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Not surprised to see it's Montreal, and Mike Fisher. Brad keeps saying handedness doesn't matter, but why keep playing Fisher where your now allowed.

I think we should be enforcing penalties for repeat GM's and specific players. A re-sim should not be out of the question considering it was caught in time, and the magnitude of the game (a game 7).
Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

It was already discussed Fisher is allowed to play RW, but thanks for coming out.

Fisher hasn't moved from Line 4 all series so I also lost with him playing RW, and Dave had Thomas Wilson playing LW when he isn't eligible, so get lost.
Singin the BLUES

Discussed with whom? And how is it that YOU are allowed to break the rules? I agree with TB GM and it should be resimmed. I do not see any reason why any rule should be broken and it be allowed period.
Montreal Canadiens

Adam approved it, Fisher plays RW in real life. Just like Adam approved Olesz playing RW for VAN.

We never re-simmed Games 1-3 with CAR winning with Thomas Wilson on LW now did we.

You guys are too comical. Worry about yourselves.
Singin the BLUES

I am worrying about myself. If i see a rule being broken then i say something. And a player playing out of position is not allowed from what i read in the rulebook. And TBH i dont see why the rule should be bent in any way shape or form until maybe the end of the season once everyone knows about it. Not just one Gm knowing about it.
Montreal Canadiens

It was posted in a topic about 2 months ago, sorry you didn't read it.

Plus, Mike Fisher playing RW had absolutely nothing to do with my team winning or losing.

Get lost, focus on your miracle Round 2 run.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Wilson is a LW/RW, he's allowed to play LW. I didn't know Adam said you could use him at RW, only knew about Olesz. My apologies if that's the case.

See you soon.
Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

Oh, I forget who it was then, thought it was Wilson, but I noticed he switched him around back to being eligible around Game 6 or so. Doesn't matter. One player playing out of position really has no impact at all upon the game. It's proven playing a player out of position negatively impacts him, as evident by Mike Fisher's -13 and 7 pts in 86 games.
Last edited by Montreal Canadiens on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

If you provided Adam with sufficient evidence to support the argument that Fisher plays right wing then you are in the right. But if you just continued to break the rule after that exchange on March 8, then you are in the wrong yet again.
Last edited by TorontoGM on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montreal Canadiens

There was a mile long discussion about it somewhere and I found articles with Mike Fisher playing RW as did EDM and I said "I guess I can play Fisher RW now" and his response was "Sure," and then nothing was ever said about it again.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

My two cents:

1. Communication seems to be a huge problem with some people in this league, it never hurts to ask twice as much as it may annoy Adam or Pat.

2. Before bitching and moaning about something, ask Pat/Adam or do some fucken research before calling people out.

This isn't directed at one person, I just think people could do a little more to avoid the constant back and forth bickering on the boards.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

My reaction was more based on this exact situation being discussed just months ago. You are right, Fisher doesn't make that much difference. However, who knows how it could effect the outcome.
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I don't have a record of saying "sure" about Fisher. Can you provide that to me? I only know what was said in our PM back and forth on the issue of illegal lines. Without airing all of the dirty laundry in that exchange, I never cleared Fisher to play RW in the PM conversation titled Mike Fisher. The only thing that happened was that you said other teams weren't following the rules and you weren't following them until everyone else did.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:My two cents:

1. Communication seems to be a huge problem with some people in this league, it never hurts to ask twice as much as it may annoy Adam or Pat.

2. Before bitching and moaning about something, ask Pat/Adam or do some fucken research before calling people out.

This isn't directed at one person, I just think people could do a little more to avoid the constant back and forth bickering on the boards.
I think part of the problem is that Pat and I don't want to babysit everybody. I understand that our Rulebook is big and is missing some things that have been posted on the forums, so the whole process needs to be streamlined and simplified, but there are a lot of things that teams should be able to handle on their own that we shouldn't have to play watchdog about.

I wish I could just go Thunderdome next season. No rules, no cap, no mercy. Maybe we can see how that goes and see who wants rules to return in 2015-16.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

by Commissioner (CBJ) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:24 am
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
I guess I can play Mike Fisher as RW now though as Ottawa Senator fans on HF boards say they like him playing RW.

For what it's worth, Fisher did play RW in a couple Senators pre-season games.

Sep 22: Fisher notched a goal and an assist in Monday night's 3-1 win over Tampa Bay. For the past two games, head coach Cory Clouston has moved Fisher to right wing where he's played on a line with Nick Foligno on the left side and rookie Peter Regin at center.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/playerupdate?playerId=276&wjb=
Sure. That's really all it would take and we can evaluate the position rule in the offseason. Makes sense for Fisher to be C/RW as a RH shot anyway.
Singin the BLUES

So he picks a random article about Fisher playing RW in PRESEASON....hahahahaha....Preseason anything can happen.
Montreal Canadiens

Nobody asked for your opinion, okay, thankkkkkks.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:by Commissioner (CBJ) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:24 am
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
I guess I can play Mike Fisher as RW now though as Ottawa Senator fans on HF boards say they like him playing RW.

For what it's worth, Fisher did play RW in a couple Senators pre-season games.

Sep 22: Fisher notched a goal and an assist in Monday night's 3-1 win over Tampa Bay. For the past two games, head coach Cory Clouston has moved Fisher to right wing where he's played on a line with Nick Foligno on the left side and rookie Peter Regin at center.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/playerupdate?playerId=276&wjb=
Sure. That's really all it would take and we can evaluate the position rule in the offseason. Makes sense for Fisher to be C/RW as a RH shot anyway.
Thanks. I remember this now. Don't know why I couldn't find it.
Adam Burke
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

When are we starting the 2nd round?
Need a new file to run some tests.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:When are we starting the 2nd round?
Need a new file to run some tests.
On whatever day the game generates it? Tonight?

Just advance the file if you need to do it now. I don't have time. Maybe Pat will see this and advance the file with whatever instructions might have come in.
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Going to advance the file now. Should be posted within the hour.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

For some reasons, I was matched up against St.Louis. I guess you guys had to change some stuff in-game to set this straight.

Return to “2013-2014 EHEC Playoffs”