Moderator: SharksGM

Montreal Canadiens

March Madness

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Who you guys got?
MinnesotaGM

Re: March Madness

Post by MinnesotaGM »

I'm going with what the rats pick on ESPN Wichita St vs Florida with the gators winning .......otherwise go Blue Devils :twisted:
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Put a future wager on Iowa State. Need them to get to the Elite Eight for some good profit. So I'll root for them.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

LOL. Ohio State AND Cincy, on the same day? :lol:
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bruins_GM wrote:LOL. Ohio State AND Cincy, on the same day? :lol:
Two very flawed teams. Not at all surprising.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

This was me IRL around the office after the Buckeyes game:
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The Ohio State hatred is so ridiculous. Blame the media, not the school.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

I'm surprised ST Joseph's lost, werent they on some huge winning streak?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:I'm surprised ST Joseph's lost, werent they on some huge winning streak?
They had that game in hand and pissed it away. The Atlantic 10 is a mediocre conference. They won the conference tourney, but it wasn't anything special.

They were a 5.5 or 6-point dog. Shouldn't be a surprise that they lost.
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Duke's out. Nice.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Duke's out. Nice.
http://www.sadtrombone.com/
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

All those sad, rich, whitebread boys and girls.

Montreal Canadiens

Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:The Ohio State hatred is so ridiculous. Blame the media, not the school.
Fuck that, I blame the fans 100% for my tOSU hatred.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bruins_GM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:The Ohio State hatred is so ridiculous. Blame the media, not the school.
Fuck that, I blame the fans 100% for my tOSU hatred.
Why's that? Because they're passionate like almost every other fan base in the country at big schools or cities with major sports teams that people actually care about?

Let me guess, the handful of Ohio State fans you've interacted with are the basis for your opinion of a vast group of people?
Adam Burke
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Yeah, that's about right.

I'm a Maple Leafs fan, so I know all about schadenfreude for this sort of thing.

E: I couldn't give two shits about OSU basketball, it's moreso OSU football that drives me crazy, how people go nuts over a team that plays a cupcake schedule year after year.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

It's not OSU's fault that their schedule sucks. They're stuck in the Big Ten, which is a bad football conference and what's the incentive for other teams in major conferences to schedule Ohio State in the non-conference? They can get their perception up in their conference schedule instead of taking the chance of losing to Ohio State in September. Ohio State doesn't have a lot of teams willing to play them. SEC teams don't need to play OSU, so they don't even take that chance. Why would Stanford take the chance of playing Ohio State AND losing two conference games to Oregon and somebody else? Why would Florida State run the risk of ruining an undefeated season by playing Ohio State early and Florida late? Why would South Carolina or Georgia play Ohio State when they draw each other and one of Alabama or LSU, hell, or both, in conference?

That said, Ohio State has a home-and-home with Oklahoma in 2016-17, Virginia Tech in 2014-15 (not a great team, but when it was scheduled, they were the class of the ACC), TCU in 2018-19, Oregon in 2020-21, and Texas in 2022-23. It won't be an excuse for people to hate on OSU in the near future.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

Wow Dayton!
MinnesotaGM

Post by MinnesotaGM »

I'm a hurricanes fan so the hatred (not so much anymore but still there) for OSU football still lingers from that poor refing at the end of the game for the National Championship.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

MinnesotaGM wrote:I'm a hurricanes fan so the hatred (not so much anymore but still there) for OSU football still lingers from that poor refing at the end of the game for the National Championship.
Willis McGahee's knee injury in that game was just horrifying.
Adam Burke

Return to “The Sports Bar”