5QF Late Edition - 11/18/11

Moderator: SharksGM

GoJetsGo

5QF Late Edition - 11/18/11

Post by GoJetsGo »

1. Buy or sell: Tim Tebow as more than just a flash in the pan NFL QB?

2. Will you be anywhere near a mall/shopping center for Black Friday?

3. Take your pick: Chipotle/Moe's/Qdoba/Taco Bell/Other/Who eats this shit?

4. Baby hair with a woman's eyes...

5. Why/How has the freeware EHM game managed to stay playable nearly a decade later?
TorontoGM

Re: 5QF Late Edition - 11/18/11

Post by TorontoGM »

I think he's more than capable of being a starting QB in the NFL. I don't understand all the hate and negativity around him and sure he's been inconsistent so far this year but he's producing wins and as a Bronco fan that's all I fucken care about.

I don't have a vagina....

Taco del Mar

Im guessing its lyrics but it's nothing I know of.

5. Why/How has the freeware EHM game managed to stay playable nearly a decade later?

I'm guessing the same reason people still play CS......cause it's a classic!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Flash in the pan. Shitty throwing motion, takes entirely too many hits to stay healthy. It's just like when a team gets a new hitter in baseball. It takes a little bit for the pitchers to adjust because they don't have scouting reports. Once teams can start looking at a large sample of film, Tebow will be bottled up. He's not a good enough thrower to open running lanes.

Maybe. Shopping at night on Black Friday leads to good deals and small crowds because the majority of people are relaxing at home after shopping all day.

Taco Bell. All day every day.

Jerry Sandusky's mantra?

It's a timeless classic.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. I don't know enough about the NFL to have an opinion, but Colin Cowherd on his morning shows has convinced me he is indeed a flash in the pan.
2. No.
3. Taco Bell, easily. Chipotle a close second. Random food trucks in LA > the rest.
4. Question mark
5. The guys at Peliplaneetta (that's a word I haven't seen or attempted to spell in a long time) did a good job of making the game easy to adjust. Strange to think that if you downloaded EHM with the 2001 rosters, Milan Hejduk would still be on the Colorado Avalanche (no word if he will be traded to Washington before heading back, though) ;)
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I put 60$ on him to get more than 110 passing yards against NYJ, the fucking guy got 104. Can't wait till they play a very offensive team so that he actually has to pass the ball.

We don't have that in Canadaland. Boxing day I'll be buying new clothes, need some new fresh shit.

3 Amigos downtown Montreal! Love mexican food.

Google led me to an old song by Taylor Hall and Adam Oates.

It's a classic and the FHockey community was very big at one point. Joe Sakic song titititititititititiitiititiiiiiiiiiiiii
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. Thanks to you I just learned that Tim Tebow is an NFL QB at all.
2. Black Friday is starting to become a thing in Canada (which is odd because we had Thanksgiving a month ago) but the sales still suck. Boxing Day is where it's at.
3. Who eats that shit? Taco Bell's 'meat' doesn't even qualify as meat. I went to a Chipotle's a while ago and it was barely any better. There is plenty of real Mexican food to be had in Kensington Market.
4. That sounds creepy.
5. The game itself obviously hasn't changed, it's just that nobody's made anything better with a useable GM limit. I guess EHM 2005 could be better but it's also significantly more complicated.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

1. Sucks. The Broncos have, mid-year, completely reformatted their offense around a QB who cannot throw the ball. See how that goes against a tough team.

2. Lord no.

3. I find the home made stuff avoids the unpleasant 'remorse' period.

4. ugh, Sara Smile.

5. text-based everything has made it a breeze to update, and make add-ons for - look at how much more difficult it is to get EHM 07 to even change the start date - and it's a lightweight application that anybody can run on just about anything.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

I'm tentatively buying. Obviously, If he doesn't get any better throwing the rest of the league will figure him out. That said, there's no question he has the "want to" (crappy cliches aside) and leadership ability in spades to be a successful QB. My completely out of the blue comparison if he becomes a capable passer is Mark Brunell in his Jaguars heyday.

Nope, work Friday afternoon and I'll probably be in a turkey induced coma.

Qdoba, although I guess for foodies any of the burrito places are fauxican more so than Mexican.

I apologize for such a shitty question, I ran out of ideas.

The ability to update rosters to something representing the actual players in the league has something going for it. EA and other sports game makers have not made something worth dumping this for. Contributions and updates from fhockey regulars keeps it fresh as well.

Adam has done well with EHEC to introduce financial realism that is severely lacking from the game by itself.
Femur

Post by Femur »

buy. God has a brand new weapon to attack sin and the zone blitz: Tim Tebow. if God is with [Tebow], who can be against?

no; and for that i am Thankful this year

Taco Bell = the four food groups in one meal. is cat a food group?

...glistening sweat on her thighs

it hasn't

Return to “The Sports Bar”