A Welcome To All

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

A Welcome To All

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Well, gents, it's finally here. Ryan, Tommy, and I have often discussed how much we missed the wonder years...not the show, but the golden age of the acronym MILF. During that time, the three of us made some good friendships that died out a little over the years, but we all hope to rekindle those through Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide.

To the guys I have not personally known, welcome, and I hope that all of you enjoy your time in EHEC. To the guys I do know, it's awesome to meet your acquaintance again.

By no means is this league just a continuation of MILFH. While many of us met there, and some of us got our start there, times have changed, we've all matured, and the file is light years different. At no time will we try to compare ourselves to yesteryear. Some elements are definitely the same, but all of us have changed, and it should make for an even better experience.

Special thanks goes to my Committee partners, Ryan, Tommy, and Nick for helping me get this thing off the ground and seeing it through. Also, thanks to Chip, who put together this phenomenal site and helped setting up the forums.

I hope all of you will enjoy your time in EHEC. Good luck everyone!
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
BSBullies

Re: A Welcome To All

Post by BSBullies »

I'm more than thrilled to be on board for our next venture together. Each day during the offseason the fire seemed to burn more and we're finally here, time to do things the right way and make this a league that will be around for a long time. Thanks to Chip for creating the site and assisting with the forums, it's much appreciated and glad to be back together with you. Adam will be a phenomenal Commissioner and I look forward to doing whatever I can to help out and keep everything running smoothly, expect few delays/quirks and even if there are they'll be dealt with in a very timely manner. Glad to work with Tommy again and Nick for the first time, it's going to be a blast guys.

Welcome and good luck to all GM's,
Ryan
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Glad to be here and a part of the league. For those that don't know me I'm Nick, or as you may better know me on Fhockey, Tuo. It's nice to see some familiar faces from that site, as well as some former GMs from MILFH. Though I was never a part of that league, I've been told many good things about the former MILFhers who were joining EHEC. I look forward to working with Adam, Ryan, and Tommy on the Committee, and the rest of the GMs in what I already know will be a competitive league with some good times to be had.

Feel free to drop me a PM/email/IM for any reason, and good luck to everyone on board.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Hiya. I'm Parker and I'll be managing the [hopefully soon-to-be-moved to Hamilton] Phoenix Coyotes. It's great to see some familiar faces here, and exciting to see some new ones too. Welcome to all, and feel free to contact me about anything other than trading for Shane Doan. :D
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

Nice to be back, haven't done an EHM league in 5 years.

I've been in a couple leagues but the only one that ever lasted was MILFH the first time around. I was HeatonGM and managed the San Jose Sharks.

It was a lot of fun and looking forward to getting back into the swing. Thanks to Ryan for contacting me and it should be a great season.
CalgaryGM

Post by CalgaryGM »

Can't say I ever expected to see a revival of sorts for this league. But it is interesting to be back. Although perhaps I should have left it going out on a high note with the first season of MILFH Cup victory and summer tournament win if memory serves me right. However I am back to tarnish my legacy guiding the Flames to a first round exit they seem to love so much.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Hey guys, I'm Tim and I managed the St. Louis Blues in MILFH. I blew up the team after the first season's disastrous first-round exit and attempted a tank during the second season, only to fail at that as well and ended up a couple points out of a playoff spot. But Alexander Ovechkin is not going to let that happen again!

Anyways, this looks like an exciting league, good luck to everyone.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Hey guys my name is Rob I'm new to this league and group of people apparently but I'm sure we'll all get along well. Sounds like theres a lot of experience here which is a nice change of pace the last couple leagues I have been in usualy get to ridiculous or crash and burn(sometimes both). I have been searching for another good league to be for a while hopefully this one has the staying power, I'm excited to get under way and see what lies ahead.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Hey, I managed Montreal back in the day in MILFH. I didn't manage to get that miserable, talentless squad into the playoffs so hopefully I'll have better luck this time around. Then again I'm still baffled as to how the real 2001 Canadiens made the playoffs with a single 50 point scorer. Look at this roster: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 52002.html, it makes me cringe.

Return to “League Memos”