A few more updates

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

A few more updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Here's what I've spent the past couple days doing.

All players who have NHL rights under the age of 38 have had their retirement status changed. For players over 38, please remember that you need to submit a formal request to Ryan (BSBullies) or I to have your player reviewed at the end of the season. If I missed anyone, please let me know. This applies to players who will be 38 or older at the end of the season. Keep in mind, players attributes begin to severely drop when their status is set to retire at the end of the year. It's in your best interest to find out who is retiring from your organization and submit a request to me ASAP. Once a request is received, we will turn the retirement switch off.

Removed the duplicate Guillaume Lefebvre and Jordan Owens. Both were filled were draft eligible players (Burmistrov and Castro). Again, for those who aren't clear, we will be replacing the EHM-generated draft class with the real-life draft class. It will be a huge project and anybody who wants to volunteer to help can do so. For those who volunteer, you will not touch the file. You will just help gather scouting reports, statistics, and whatnot to help us rate the players. That will be explained more in depth toward December/January.

All team budgets have been reset to 70M. EHM doesn't really understand a salary cap, and we don't want the pain in the ass "Board of Directors" messages at the end of the season.

The question came up about contracts for guys who retire. We will mirror the NHL's CBA. The retirement years will count against the salary cap if the contract is signed when the player is 35 or over.

I had to auto-line several teams for last night's preseason action. It is important that you email your lines to me at lines@ehechockey.com.

Please PM me upon waiving a buyout-eligible player and tell if you want them bought out when they clear waivers.

Ryan will handle tonight and tomorrow's sims as I have plans (and one of them involves playing hockey, so that one is perfectly acceptable). He will have access to the lines@ email address. It's his first attempt at simming, so anybody who bitches or complaints will be burnt at the stake. Remember, same as last night. Two preseason games per team. When sending lines, they don't have to be zipped. Just title them with your team name and denote which game if you have different lines for each game.

I noticed two posts about last night's games. Let's try to enhance the atmosphere around here.

I will be figuring out how to use all of the exported HTML data from EHM within a couple days here so full boxscores can be easily accessible from the site. Also, we'll work on getting standings, scoring leaders, and the like up on the website.

Everything seems to be rolling smoothly so far. Let's knock on wood and hope that keeps up!
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
BSBullies

Re: A few more updates

Post by BSBullies »

Due to Adam being 90 minutes behind me timezone wise, the sims for tonight, tomorrow and future sims I do will be a bit earlier. As it's my first time actually inputting all the teams and not just my own, I'll be gathering things together early in hopes of a sim around 8pm est. I'd ask that everyone have their information sent to the mailbox by 7:30 - 7:45 est adhering to the rules Adam mentioned.

Last night's sim went well, a great job to Adam for bringing everything together and getting our collective feet wet in EHEC. Should be no issues over the next two nights and we'll be up to the regular season before you know it. Thanks to everyone for the efforts and we're hoping for a better turnout/participation on lines/game results.

Ryan
BSBullies
Co-owner - Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Running the league is a demanding job that doesn't pay, props to you guys for providing us GM's with a great league.
Most recent file here.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Thanks Justin. I'll give everyone til 8:30 est to send anything to help out our west coasters.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Save file is updated, I tested it myself and it seemed to be alright, hopefully no issues for anyone. Thanks for the patience as I know this took a long time tonight :?
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

I'll be starting tonight's sim earlier than last night so make sure you send your information, there were barely any instructions sent around the 8:30 deadline last night so I'll move it up to 7:30. Once the regular season comes and I'm not simming 30 games at a time, I'll be able to extend the time. Thanks guys.

Ryan
Vik-Oil

Post by Vik-Oil »

Good thing I was up late last night because I just got online for the first time today.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Vik-Oil wrote:Good thing I was up late last night because I just got online for the first time today.
Please be understanding about the time difference, Vik. For some of you guys, Ryan's 4.5 hours ahead. Not much we can do about that.

We'll be collaborating on a schedule of who is simming when. Sometimes things come up. I think that's understandable.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Vik-Oil

Post by Vik-Oil »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Vik-Oil wrote:Good thing I was up late last night because I just got online for the first time today.
Please be understanding about the time difference, Vik. For some of you guys, Ryan's 4.5 hours ahead. Not much we can do about that.

We'll be collaborating on a schedule of who is simming when. Sometimes things come up. I think that's understandable.
Yeah, no worries. It shouldn't be a problem once we get caught up to the NHL but right now it seems I get home and instructions are past due, I go to bed and the sim is done. But sims won't take so long when we get to the regular season and are only doing a day at a time.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Savefile is updated to include 9/22.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

There will be no sim today, October 3. I said 3 on and 1 off, so tomorrow is our day off. We will sim the final portion of the preseason on Sunday night and then take Monday off before starting the regular season on Tuesday.

Two things:

1. Please have your final roster trimmed down to 23 by Monday night. That way, I can check everybody's cap and it gives people all day Tuesday to get under. I will sim two EHM days for every calendar day (the sim including 10/4 will sim 3 days as there are no games on October 4) to catch up. Once we catch up, we will be back on our regular sim schedule.

2. Three underagers allowed on the farm. Please PM a list of them to me.

We will be changing the free agency system once the regular season starts. Once I discuss specifics with my fellow Committee members, you guys will know as well.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Post all demotions in the waiver wire thread. Please denote players that are under 25/have two-way contracts.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

For some reason, the contract offers didn't go through. I'll put all of them in tonight for the sim.

Tonight's sim will be closer to 10. I've got my Cleveland Sunday Night Internet Radio Show to do from 9-10. For the regular season, Ryan and I will devise a schedule for simming so that you guys know what times to expect sims.

We will take tomorrow off and then start the regular season on Tuesday night. Please try to have your roster trimmed to 23 so that I can compile everyone's cap numbers and let you know if you need to make some personnel changes.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Show's running over. Looking like the sim will be closer to 11-11:15. Sorry guys.
Adam Burke
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

No problem for us in the west. :D
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Alright. Major file malfunction. EHM will no longer open players.ehm. I'm going to get away from this computer for a few minutes before I break it to pieces and then I'll get back at it. The sim will probably be sometime around 2 or 2:30 EST. Sorry everyone. At least we're working out these kinks now.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Rather than stay up another hour, I'm going to call it a night. I will sim tomorrow between 10:30-11:30 a.m. As a result, we will take tomorrow night and Tuesday off and then begin the regular season on Wednesday. Again, I apologize for these delays. Something went haywire in the file and I backtracked everything I did tonight and didn't see any extra numbers, lines, characters, anything. So, I just started from scratch. It's my own fault for not doing things as they came in and cramming them in right before the sim.

I would just stay up, but I've got to be up at 9 and I'll be out tomorrow night until 2 or 3. I don't have the college sleep schedule down anymore.

Sorry again, guys. But most of you won't even know I didn't sim til 10-11 a.m., so I guess it's pretty irrelevant.

Again, please try to have your rosters trimmed to what will be your starting lineup plus a couple reserves. I'd like to get the cap numbers out there for everyone.
Adam Burke
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Rather than stay up another hour, I'm going to call it a night. I will sim tomorrow between 10:30-11:30 a.m. As a result, we will take tomorrow night and Tuesday off and then begin the regular season on Wednesday. Again, I apologize for these delays. Something went haywire in the file and I backtracked everything I did tonight and didn't see any extra numbers, lines, characters, anything. So, I just started from scratch. It's my own fault for not doing things as they came in and cramming them in right before the sim.

I would just stay up, but I've got to be up at 9 and I'll be out tomorrow night until 2 or 3. I don't have the college sleep schedule down anymore.

Sorry again, guys. But most of you won't even know I didn't sim til 10-11 a.m., so I guess it's pretty irrelevant.

Again, please try to have your rosters trimmed to what will be your starting lineup plus a couple reserves. I'd like to get the cap numbers out there for everyone.
Asshole.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bears wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Rather than stay up another hour, I'm going to call it a night. I will sim tomorrow between 10:30-11:30 a.m. As a result, we will take tomorrow night and Tuesday off and then begin the regular season on Wednesday. Again, I apologize for these delays. Something went haywire in the file and I backtracked everything I did tonight and didn't see any extra numbers, lines, characters, anything. So, I just started from scratch. It's my own fault for not doing things as they came in and cramming them in right before the sim.

Asshole.
Had you stayed up on AIM and kept me company, I'd have simmed. Dickhead.
Adam Burke
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Again, please try to have your rosters trimmed to what will be your starting lineup plus a couple reserves. I'd like to get the cap numbers out there for everyone.
When's the starting lineup thread opening up?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

CapsGM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Again, please try to have your rosters trimmed to what will be your starting lineup plus a couple reserves. I'd like to get the cap numbers out there for everyone.
When's the starting lineup thread opening up?
Once Ryan, Nick, and I put our lines in at the top.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Guys, I've got the calendar, standings, and scoring pages working on the main page. Now I can link the full box score for you guys in the sim results. I'm kind of feeling things out as I go on the HTML side as our webmaster seems to be pretty busy of late. Once the regular season gets rolling and the workload and the instructions slow down, we'll get everything looking as good as possible.
Adam Burke
Parker

Post by Parker »

When I try to access the main page I get:
Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.
Am I the only one or is anyone else seeing this?
Vik-Oil

Post by Vik-Oil »

Parker wrote:When I try to access the main page I get:
Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.
Am I the only one or is anyone else seeing this?
I didn't at first but then I hit refresh and got that.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I'm working on it. For some reason, when I was editing the index page in notepad, it created several copies in the FTP. Then, it's telling me that I don't have the rights to delete the extra pages.

Sorry guys. I'll try and get it fixed.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Now, it appears that the index file is completely gone. IE, all the code for the home page.

Hopefully Chip's got it backed up somewhere. The downloads page is still working, just no link to it, so once I sim and upload the file, I'll link straight to it and we'll worry about getting the home page back online when Chip gets back to me.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”