Updates?

Moderator: SharksGM

CapsGM

Re: Updates?

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
CapsGM wrote:Are you going to adjust Kabanov in any way to account for his Moncton/WJC douchebaggery?
There's not really an attitude marker in EHM, unfortunately, and there's no doubt that the kid has talent. I'm trying to think of a way to reflect his douchebaggery and still keep his talent at a high level. I will probably just lower his consistency and up his greed.

I might take him down a notch from being a mid 80s OF player and a high 60s-low 70s DF player to better reflect where he'll probably get drafted.
Yeah, projecting his offense to be mid-80s is probably accurate. I guess there isn't much that can be done besides that; low CON/high greed usually translates to poor attitude anyways.

His defensive game is pretty lazy too. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1 ... l_kabanov/
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Meant to do more than this, but I was unavoidably detained tonight.

Here's who I've added since Nick simmed:
  • Petr Straka: 5
    Jaden Schwartz: 10
    Alexander Petrovic: 11
    Beau Bennett: 23
    Mark Alt: 33
    Jarrod Tinordi: 39
    Patrick McNally: 44
    Brock Beukeboom: 59
    Julian Melchiori: 65
    Curtis Hamilton: 81
    Troy Rutkowski: 83
I also edited Kabanov a bit, upped Skinner per Dave G's suggestion.

I can't do this 4 am shit like I used to.

Remember, draft lottery, live tomorrow at 12 in the Cbox.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The first round's draft order is posted in the Entry Draft thread.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

That is the most brutal lottery result ever.........Only reason I even took this team, I was certain I could get Seguin or Hall. Haha fuck
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Up to 170 draftees in the file. Here's the latest group for your scouting pleasure.
  • Justin Holl: 92
    Brandon Davidson: 97
    Max Gardiner: 98
    Jerome Gauthier-Leduc: 99
    Jason Zucker: 103
    Jakub Culek: 108
    Justin Shugg: 118
    Joe Basaraba: 124
    Justin Faulk: 168
    Austin Madaisky: 189
    Connor Brickley: 196
    Bradley Ross: 210
    Andrew Yogan: 220
    Freddie Hamilton: 238
    Mike Pereira: 240
    Brandon Archibald: 245
    Brett Bulmer: 249
    Greg McKegg: 304
    Kevin Sundher: 314
    Jacob Fallon: 356
    Christian Thomas: 357
    Kevin Gravel: 368
    Kendall McFaull: 375
    Kenneth Agostino: 413
    Dalton Smith: 427
    Matt MacKenzie: 429
    Michael Bournival: 434
Again, if anybody sees any issues, problems, questions, or has concerns, post them here or PM them to me.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Couple of familiar names for the QJMHL. I like!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Another new file uploaded.

Added players:
  • Devante Smith-Pelly: 494
    Alex Theriau: 535
    Michael Chaput: 545
    Maxwell Reinhart: 554
    Bryan Rust: 558
    Jason Clark: 567
    Jared Knight: 583
    Brendan Woods: 589
    Josh Shalla: 594
    Stephen Macaulay: 595
    Brooks Macek: 624
    Louis-Marc Aubry: 640
    Taylor Aronson: 649
    Casey Thrush: 706
    Sam Carrick: 720
    Radko Gudas: 875
Bed for me. Last night kicked my ass and then out all day in 90 degree humid ass weather.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip
Adam Burke
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Your a trooper Adam, thanks buddy and your makin ridiculous time on these man. :lol:
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Draft order by round is now posted in the Entry Draft forum. Please note that we are doing two additional rounds, rounds 6 and 7, that EHM does not account for. These picks are NOT TRADABLE. I do not want to be keeping records for all of that. The time limits on these rounds will be very short, so please send me a shortlist at that time if you aren't going to be around. In the whole scheme of things, these rounds may not produce much, but realism is the theme around here.

We will not be doing the draft in-game. We will be stopping on the 17th, entering the draft manually in players.ehm, and then skipping the date of the file up to June 19. So you will have to be aware of who has already been taken. The draft results will be updated in the thread as we go along, so there shouldn't really be any question.

Also, if anyone sees something wrong in the draft order, let me know.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

And finally, rounding out the North American skater portion of the draft:
  • Michael Sgarbossa: 746
    Josh Nicholls: 759
    Aaron Harstad: 804
    Luke Moffatt: 833
    Philip Lane: 847
    Morgan Ellis: 962
    Peter Stoykewych: 999
    Alexander Guptill: 1008
    Raman Hrabarenka: 1066
    Gregg Sutch: 1095
    Alex Emond: 1102
    Cameron Wind: 1132
    Max Gaede: 1140
    Jonathan Brunelle: 1168
    Matthew White: 1202
    Yasin Cisse: 1220
    Craig Cunningham: 1378
    Caleb Herbert: 1381
    Garnet Hathaway: 1387
    Brendan Ranford: 1441
    Brian Ward: 1475
    Marc-Antoine Carrier: 1488
    Etienne Boutet: 1492
    Jordan Messier: 1500
    Tyler Stahl: 1504
    Cody Ferriero: 1546
    Joe Faust: 1553
    Mark Stone: 1561
    Joey Leach: 1629
    John Ramage: 1644
    Charles Inglis: 1657
    Brandon Hynes: 1681
    Geoffrey Schemitsch: 1683
    Antonin Honejsek: 1843
About 50 European skaters to go and then the overwriting of the 38 worst FAs to put in the goaltenders and the 2010 EHEC Entry Draft class will be complete.

Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I'd like to suggest to lower Brandon Gormley's offensive ceilings by a lot!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:I'd like to suggest to lower Brandon Gormley's offensive ceilings by a lot!
I never touched Gormley since he was in the original file. I will re-evaluate his OF for sure. You know how EHM-generated ceilings are. But, you don't get 60 points in 79 games by being incompetent offensively. He's still a solid 70-73 OF and I'll make sure he is projected to go that way.
Adam Burke
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

TorontoGM wrote:That is the most brutal lottery result ever.........Only reason I even took this team, I was certain I could get Seguin or Hall. Haha fuck
Best Lottery draft ever, only reason I traded Parise for COL's pick is because I didn't think my team would land me Hall or Seguin and then I win the lotto when Colorado's pick is garunteed top 2. Couldn't have gone better. 8-)
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Most indifference lottery result ever.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Well, it's a bunch of these: Image

Plus Pickard and Campbell. A couple other decent goaltenders, but it's undoubtedly a very slow year for goaltenders.
  • Calvin Pickard: 1435
    Kent Simpson: 155
    Mark Visentin: 1908
    Louis Domingue: 1114
    Zane Gothberg: 2784
    Mathieu Corbeil-Theriault: 2409
    Sam Brittain: 2879
    Cameron Lanigan: 1648
    Tyler Bunz: 2668
    Michael Houser: 2396
    Ramis Sadikov: 1224
    Martin Ouellette: 657
    Joel Vienneau: 2404
    Phillipp Grubauer: 458
    MacMillian Carruth: 2369
    Clay Witt: 2760
    Maxime Clermont: 2889
    Scott Wedgewood: 2882
    Will Yanakeff: 2460
    Sean Bonar: 1264
    Brandon Glover: 1129
    Jeff Teglia: 1145
    Petr Mirazek: 1207
    Parker Milner: 3254
    JP Anderson: 2857
    Jared Coreau: 2115
    Phillippe Tremblay: 1661
    Matthew Skoff: 1610
    Sami Aittokallio: 2164
    Fredrik Pettersson-Wentzel: 3180
    Benjamin Conz: 1838
    Lars Volden: 867
    Johan Gustafsson: 1805
    Jonathan Iilahti: 3215
    Jonas Gunnarsson: 2306
    Pavel Francouz: 1213
    Lukas Meili: 2416
    Jakub Sedlacek: 1819
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

All of the EHM-generated draftees appear to be gone. I got lucky and caught an issue where I had one extra blank line when I copied and pasted one of the goaltenders and players.ehm wouldn't load.
  • Santtu Huhtala: 1846
    Anton Burdasov: 1856
    Dominik Bittner: 1872
    Patrick Geering: 1891
    Emanuel Astrom: 1922
    Marat Urakcheyev: 1943
    Joonas Rask: 1973
    Roberts Bukarts: 1976
    Jesper Jensen: 1991
    Jannick Christensen: 2001
    Sondre Olden: 2019
    Kirill Lebedev: 2030
    Markus Pock: 2037
With 273 draftees in EHM CSS and 210 picks overall, I believe I am done. I was going to go to 125 European players, but I have decided against that. There are some extra NA guys in the file who weren't in the top 125 on CSB and I still got almost 90 Europeans in there.

I re-adjusted Gormley to be closer to 70 OF and I adjusted Marincin to be a bit lower OF. In case you're wondering, there's one Hungarian and two Danes in the file. Those are the players listed as not having a country.

Before anyone yells at me for the way the players are ranked, EHM's rankings are sorted by current overall grade. Not POT, not CON, not ceilings. So do your scouting before your pick.

The draft class is done. Thanks to Ryan for helping with the goaltenders. I feel like I've accomplished something!
Adam Burke
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

5 stars.
Most recent file here.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Sick job.
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

Break out the champagne!! Nice work guys crack open a beer and relax!
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

File has been updated and uploaded.

Also, guys, please make sure you are aware of the rules. There are quite a few contract offers that do not meet the requirements. The issue becomes amplified with contracts set to expire in a week or so.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Thanks to Zaq and Chris who pointed out a couple of flaws in the draft. Pickard is no longer retiring, Gogolev no longer has an 826 HI ceiling, and Johansson does not have an extra 0 in his ceilings any longer.

Much appreciated guys.

The file has been updated to include these changes.
Adam Burke
DetGM

Post by DetGM »

Devante Smith-pelly ceilings for the draft are messed up....
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

DetGM wrote:Devante Smith-pelly ceilings for the draft are messed up....
Thanks Tim. I had an extra 0 in there.

Also a big thanks to Zaq again for catching duplicate Victor Ohmans (replaced by Tristan Scherwey) and Mark Stones (replaced by Henri Tuominen).

Keep these coming guys. If you any ceiling mistakes or duplicates, please let me know.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just wanted to make a quick post to update the 6th and 7th rounds. If you recall, at the startup of the file, we did the real-life trades that traded draft picks from trades prior to the start of the file. So I went through just now and did that with the 6th and 7th rounders.

Here are the changes:

ANA gets pick #160 from DAL
OTT gets pick #162 from SJ
EDM gets pick #173 from OTT
NSH gets pick #188 from STL
CHI gets pick #190 from DAL
BUF gets pick #192 from SJ
Adam Burke
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

The 6th and 7th are just for realism - could a couple of those players picked get random makeovers after the draft on a random roll?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Jungle Cats wrote:The 6th and 7th are just for realism - could a couple of those players picked get random makeovers after the draft on a random roll?
That's certainly something to consider. We've been hearing a lot more stories the past couple years about late round picks really making it.

Maybe we can do some sort of summer contest or activity something-or-other where the reward is exactly that and pick a couple of teams.
Adam Burke
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Jungle Cats wrote:The 6th and 7th are just for realism - could a couple of those players picked get random makeovers after the draft on a random roll?
That's certainly something to consider. We've been hearing a lot more stories the past couple years about late round picks really making it.

Maybe we can do some sort of summer contest or activity something-or-other where the reward is exactly that and pick a couple of teams.
I think thats a decent idea that way people are motivated for the summer activity and it adds a taste of realism where anyguy you pick could end up making it. Definetly an idea worth exploring.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

John Carlson should get a random roll, he sucks ass in this file. 8-)
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

CapsGM wrote:John Carlson should get a random roll, he sucks ass in this file. 8-)
I was looking at him last week. Absolutely brutal.

Anyway, today, I've gotten the first two months of next year's schedule done. I'll also be updating config_teams.ehm to show the new affiliations. I'll include an updated logos folder as well as the updated config_teams.ehm with a Readme file on how to overwrite what's currently there in case anybody gets confused.
Adam Burke
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

Here's my suggestion:

After the draft is complete 2 players will get overhauls. They will represent the players that come out of nowhere in the real NHL. The 1st player will have their potential increased by 20 to a max of 80 and their consistency will be raised by 15 to a max of 80. The 2nd player will have their potential increase by 15 to a max of 80 and their consistency will be raise by 10 to a max of 80.

Could be randomized with the players in the last couple of rounds (4-5-6-7)
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

more often than not when that method is used, you end up with two dudes with extremely gibbled ceilings.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

In my opinion, the less tweaking with the file, the better. Our draft is already strong from what I've scouted.

1st round picks can end up being busts (Daigle, etc) as much as late round picks can end up being good (Halak, etc).
So as much as we want to add realism, I'm against this idea!
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Penguin wrote:In my opinion, the less tweaking with the file, the better. Our draft is already strong from what I've scouted.

1st round picks can end up being busts (Daigle, etc) as much as late round picks can end up being good (Halak, etc).
So as much as we want to add realism, I'm against this idea!
Me to, this is a pretty deep draft currently and adding possible 8 POT players in the later rounds is kinda whack imo.
Most recent file here.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

The file has been updated and uploaded. There is a new config_teams file, an updated logos folder, and a readme within the zip file. This new file updates the AHL affiliations and adds the new AHL teams to the game. Make sure you update BOTH files, or you will run into runtime errors.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

File has been advanced to the 15th and uploaded, lots of contracts entered so kudos to you guys for getting those in. We've decided to begin the Entry Draft at Noon est on Saturday the 26th (if watching the real draft doesn't pump you up, we can't help you), time limits will be as follows: Rounds 1 and 2, 12 hours to select; Rounds 3 and 4, 8 hours to select; Rounds 5 thru 7, 6 hours to select. You should have had ample time to do your own draft research, in the event you think you'll be away or just to play it safe, we suggest a list be PM'd to Adam (CBJ - Commissioner), Nick (Tuo-Sabres) or myself. If time expires, we will assign the highest available draftee based on real-life CSB rankings.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just to add to Ryan's post, I know we're all about realism, so we should start the draft on Friday. However, we don't want to immediately run in to an overnight period with the time limits. We will be understanding of the fact that it may be hard to pick within a 12 hour window with the overnight hours, but that's what sending the shortlist is for. So please realize that if there's a chance that your pick will come at a time when you can't make it, do yourself (and us) a favor and make sure you send that list.

We will rule on the pending trades first chance we get tomorrow so that you guys can have things squared away for those last minute trades.

One request I do have. Please do not draft a player and then trade them. If you want to trade picks during the draft, that's fine, but to make it easier for me, please wait until after the draft if you want to trade a drafted player for whatever reason.

Also, we will start free agency upon completion of the draft. We have a long offseason to fill and the draft and FA should take up a large portion of it.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

A couple more updates. RFA bidding will begin on Saturday at 6 pm. Teams wishing to bid on RFAs will submit their bid to the Free Agents account and then per the Rulebook, the team with the rights will have 3 days to match said offer, or a higher offer from another team. The RFA bidding will be capped at two bids for the team(s) who do not have the player's rights. Keep in mind that the [url=http://www.ehechockey.com/rulebook.html#5[/url]compensation chart from the Rulebook Section E5 assumes that the draft picks will be available for the next draft. In this case, that draft is 2011.

Make sure you've all done the updated config_teams.ehm and logos. The file will have errors if you do one and not the other. PM me if you're having trouble with this.

Remember to send those shortlists to myself, Ryan, or Nick for the draft in the event that you may not be around to make your pick.

I will be trying to get a chat up and working if you guys want to chat during Friday night's real life first round. I'm sure many of you will be watching at draft parties or with friends, but I want to experiment with the CoverItLive chat room software. It's free and blows Cbox away. I'm not sure if I can have it constantly running or not, but I'm going to see how it works. I'm also going to see if I can get it to work in a forum. If I can't, I might have to scrap the idea. We'll see.

Something that I thought would be kind of cool would be to PM in-draft trades to Ryan, Nick, and myself and we can post them in that round's thread rather than in the Trades forum. We will move them all there after the draft, but it would be like Bettman going to the podium to announce a trade. If you guys think that's a cool idea, let me know.

Everything seems to be set for the draft. I haven't gotten any more PMs or posts in this thread about things I messed up.

As I mentioned above, we'll rule on the pending trades tonight.

Love seeing the activity leading up to the draft. Let's keep that going all the way through the offseason.
Adam Burke
Fedz

Post by Fedz »

Who wants my picks? :) Hahah.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

http://www.ehechockey.com/

I have been able to get the CoverItLive chat to work, but not in the forums. Only on the main page. So, we'll do that tomorrow at 6:30 for the NHL Entry Draft. Everybody in the league is free to come and banter about the draft, upcoming free agency, any EHEC business, or just plain shooting the shit.

I look forward to seeing a lot of you in there. Ryan and I will be there for the duration, so we're really hoping that you guys drop in. Even if you can only stay for a little bit.
Adam Burke
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

New file has just been uploaded after simming the 15th, FYI.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:The file has been updated and uploaded. There is a new config_teams file, an updated logos folder, and a readme within the zip file. This new file updates the AHL affiliations and adds the new AHL teams to the game. Make sure you update BOTH files, or you will run into runtime errors.
I must've missed downloading the savefile on this day. The latest version doesn't seem to contain any of these updated files. Could they be added to the next savefile, or simply posted as a separate download?

Also, I'd still love to get my hands on a copy of the original savefile if anyone out there kept it. No hurry obviously. Thanks!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:
Tuo-SabresGM wrote:The file has been updated and uploaded. There is a new config_teams file, an updated logos folder, and a readme within the zip file. This new file updates the AHL affiliations and adds the new AHL teams to the game. Make sure you update BOTH files, or you will run into runtime errors.
I must've missed downloading the savefile on this day. The latest version doesn't seem to contain any of these updated files. Could they be added to the next savefile, or simply posted as a separate download?

Also, I'd still love to get my hands on a copy of the original savefile if anyone out there kept it. No hurry obviously. Thanks!
Damnit. Totally forgot to look for this. Like I said, I think I have one.

I'll email you the config_teams and logos folders in a little bit.
Adam Burke
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

where are you guys posting the file's with these updates?? just post them in the 2010 playoffs to keep it all clean.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Oilers_GM wrote:where are you guys posting the file's with these updates?? just post them in the 2010 playoffs to keep it all clean.
http://www.ehechockey.com/downloads.html
Adam Burke
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

And is that 6:30 eastern for the chat?
Last edited by TorontoGM on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Parker wrote:Also, I'd still love to get my hands on a copy of the original savefile if anyone out there kept it. No hurry obviously. Thanks!
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Damnit. Totally forgot to look for this. Like I said, I think I have one.

I'll email you the config_teams and logos folders in a little bit.
Got it, thanks.

Don't worry about the savefile until after the draft if you're busy; it's really just for curiosity and I sure don't need it right away or anything.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:And is that 6:30 eastern for the chat?
Yes sir. Draft starts at 7 EST.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Don't worry about the savefile until after the draft if you're busy; it's really just for curiosity and I sure don't need it right away or anything.
I just have to find the CD I have it on from when I backed up stuff because my computer took a shit and I was lucky enough to hook the hard drive up on to another computer.

It's on the spindle next to my desk. I'll dig it out tomorrow.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I'm going to miss the draft. :( For a dumb chick's fucking birthday party..
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Been catching up after being away for a week and my head is spinning. So maybe I missed this somewhere, but the EHEC draft is Saturday, right? Or was it moved to today?

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”