That OTHER League...

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Re: That OTHER League...

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

It's impossible to have a conversation with Brad about the Canucks. They're omniscient, omnipotent, and infallible. I don't know if it's sad or if it's some kind of complex or if it's just blind fandom.

And he doesn't let it go.

I clearly gave my anecdote for a reason. It didn't resonate.

Chara's not a skilled hockey player? Jesus christ. If you had any credibility before, which you didn't, it's certainly long gone now.

And Brad Marchand is "as close to as low" as rapists and serial killers? Hyperbole much?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Stockholm syndrome?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Chara's got no skills, right?

Femur

Post by Femur »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:I'm curious as to what makes the Canucks a disgrace yet you can cheer for a team that has Duncan Keith and Patrick Kane on it?
because the media tells me that winning cures all sins of the past. Tiger, LeBron, etc. da Hawks have received media absolution. obviously the 'nucks will never get it. get it?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Jungle Cats wrote:Stockholm syndrome?
Reasonable guess.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Actually it's impossible to have a conversation with somebody about the Canucks who knows NOTHING ABOUT THE TEAM.

Oh, Chara is the only one in the NHL that can spin on skates?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Classic diver.

CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Classic diver.

Wins the Cup and still tries to draw a penalty...

Classless.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

So apparently the NHL has a Phoenix schedule and a Seattle schedule for next season..... :shock:
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I know some doubt that an NHL team can survive in Seattle but if they do it anything like what was done with the Seattle Sounders it will be a big success.
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

In other news, reports say Kris Letang rejected a 8 year contract worth $54 million dollars, counter-proposed a long term deal worth up to 8 million annually...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6755 ... l:topheads

Back to you EHEC for the NHL Diving Championship debate.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Kris Letang is definitely a top 10 seed if we're making a diver bracket. :lol:

Funny how the TSN top 10 tonight is famous dives/flops.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Yeah, I could see where 6.75M a year isn't enough. :roll:
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

Ridiculous that the Pens even offered that in the first place. My first thought was maybe he didn't want to sign long term in PIT, but then his agent countered at 8 years with more money.

Penguins will probably trade him just like Jordan Staal.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Thank you Jay Feaster, you brilliant beast.
Montreal Canadiens

....? Jay Feaster is a dummy.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:....? Jay Feaster is a dummy.
Didn't Feaster buIld the team in Tampa that won a Stanley Cup and two straight division titles?
Adam Burke
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:....? Jay Feaster is a dummy.
Didn't Feaster buIld the team in Tampa that won a Stanley Cup and two straight division titles?
No sir. He wallowed in the talent of the previous regimes draft picks.
Montreal Canadiens

Gillis what have you done.........
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Gillis what have you done.........
So, uh Roberto, we've been thinking, and well, we want you back..
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

That was a very low return, and for Bo Horvat? I like Horvat, but they could have done much better and acquired much more for that price...
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Bruins_GM wrote:That was a very low return, and for Bo Horvat? I like Horvat, but they could have done much better and acquired much more for that price...
How is a top 10 pick a low return for a goalie that was sharing half the games!
Montreal Canadiens

I think thats a good deal for the Flyers and Lecavalier. He's worth $4.5M, the only thing that is a tad worrysome is the 5 years committed.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Penguin wrote:
Bruins_GM wrote:That was a very low return, and for Bo Horvat? I like Horvat, but they could have done much better and acquired much more for that price...
How is a top 10 pick a low return for a goalie that was sharing half the games!
A top-10 pick in and of itself?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:I think thats a good deal for the Flyers and Lecavalier. He's worth $4.5M, the only thing that is a tad worrysome is the 5 years committed.
It would be a good deal if there was no cap and if theFlyers needed goalies and defense most of all and centers last...

Not to mention they bought out Briere for more or less Briere 2.0 in a couple of years, with an NMC no less.
Montreal Canadiens

Yeah buying out Briere and Bryz to replace him with another long term deal is silly, but I think Vinny is still a solid player. Maybe the Flyers will pick up Ballard or Scuderi for some blue line help.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

FUCK YOU DAVE NONIS
Montreal Canadiens

????
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Giving Grabovski away for nothing.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Well on the plus side, if the Leafs re-sign Kessel and Boston manages to fuck things up with Hamilton, we'll never have to hear about the Kessel trade again.
Montreal Canadiens

Grabovski is nothing special. there were probably no trade partners for his ridiculously stupid contract.

that's like me saying OMG Canucks got nothing in return for Ballard!
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Except they were offered the CHI 1st-rounder last year.

Their center depth sucks, and they could have used him in the top-6 instead of as a fucking checking forward.
Montreal Canadiens

Well Bozak has been re-signed and they reportedly won the David Clarkson FA "Sweepstakes." Those 2 should help soften the "blow" for losing Grabs. Makes them a better team.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Hahahah oh god I seriously still wish we had Brian Burke instead of the worst GM in hockey.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Well Bozak has been re-signed and they reportedly won the David Clarkson FA "Sweepstakes." Those 2 should help soften the "blow" for losing Grabs. Makes them a better team.
Yeah.......No.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

While I grew up and live in Vancouver and like the Canucks, I've always been a Senators fan. Really sad to see Alffy leave, and to be honest I hate the Bobby Ryan deal. Not that I hate Ryan but I just LOVE Silfverberg.

Some pretty BAD contracts signed today.
Montreal Canadiens

Bruins_GM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Well Bozak has been re-signed and they reportedly won the David Clarkson FA "Sweepstakes." Those 2 should help soften the "blow" for losing Grabs. Makes them a better team.
Yeah.......No.
Bozak is better than Grabs and now you get David Clarkson. Win, win for the Leafs.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

In what universe is Bozak better than Grabovski? It's not like Grabovski didn't have the second-highest points total on the team for the last 5 years or anything.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

16 points in 48 games, Grabovski is garbage. :lol:
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bozak is so great he has never scored 20 goals or 50 points before. Actually Clarkson hasn't scored 50 before either. Now we're stuck with those two anchors for a combined 12 years. Not to mention after buying out Grabo - who, I should mention, scored at a higher pace even strength than Bozak did last season despite playing harder minutes with garbage linemates - we are also stuck with John-Michael Likes' awful contract. Nonis has completely fucked over the team's cap situation while making it less talented and throwing away draft picks for nothing. This might be the worst off season the Leafs have had since they traded Rask.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

SharksGM wrote:Bozak is so great he has never scored 20 goals or 50 points before. Actually Clarkson hasn't scored 50 before either. Now we're stuck with those two anchors for a combined 12 years. Not to mention after buying out Grabo - who, I should mention, scored at a higher pace even strength than Bozak did last season despite playing harder minutes with garbage linemates - we are also stuck with John-Michael Likes' awful contract. Nonis has completely fucked over the team's cap situation while making it less talented and throwing away draft picks for nothing. This might be the worst off season the Leafs have had since they traded Rask.
+1
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Serious question - How the fuck does Paul Holmgren have a job?

How do you not know you have cap issues, when you can't sign someone else with a NMC BECAUSE YOU CANT FIT UNDER THE FUCKING CAP?

Why do you have 9 fucking defensemen with one-way contracts coming to training camp, and then add Hall fucking Gill?
Parker

Post by Parker »

Jim Rutherford just fired the owner's kid from an AGM position... that doesn't necessarily bode well for his long-term job security. Maybe Holmgren's trying to get fired out of the mess he created in Philly so he can go back to Raleigh.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Parker wrote:Jim Rutherford just fired the owner's kid from an AGM position... that doesn't necessarily bode well for his long-term job security. Maybe Holmgren's trying to get fired out of the mess he created in Philly so he can go back to Raleigh.
Karmanos and his son apparently have a history of disagreements. It's not the first time Jason (son) has left the team. No word on what the actual reason for the firing was, but it may have nothing to do with JR at all.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Karmanos and his son apparently have a history of disagreements. It's not the first time Jason (son) has left the team. No word on what the actual reason for the firing was, but it may have nothing to do with JR at all.
The official reason so far is "family reasons". Heh. So yeah, it's probably not about Rutherford.

Return to “The Sports Bar”