2023 (Un)restricted Free Agency

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2023 (Un)restricted Free Agency

Post by SharksGM »

I have advanced the file and fixed what issues I noticed, so I think we're finally ready for UFA to begin. Please inform me of any remaining problems ASAP.

The U/RFA signing period will begin on Friday, September 8 at 4 PM ET (ditch work for the weekend early if you must). Please consult the UFA page (RFAs are listed as such) and review the rulebook entry on contracts if you have any questions.

Note that it is now August 29 in-game. It will take another couple of sim days before RFAs are eligible to receive offer sheets at values less than their formula demands (but more than the qualifying offer).

I would very much appreciate it if you could post offers in one of these formats:
1y 600k
or
1y 600000
or
3y 2.5m

This will make entering the contracts easier for me.

Any questions?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: 2023 (Un)restricted Free Agency

Post by SharksGM »

Right, before this starts:

Interim GMs may bid for their interim teams. They may switch from one team to another exactly once per free agent, and may not bid consecutively with both teams (so no using the interim team to beat an offer you regret making with your main).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: 2023 (Un)restricted Free Agency

Post by SharksGM »

I advanced the file to September 1st, so that means RFA season is open. Remember:
offer sheets must be at least a 20% increase on the player's currently listed salary.
I'm pretty sure I meant they have to be more than the QO because it doesn't really make sense to give a free opportunity to walk away from an offer exactly matching the QO.

Return to “League Memos”