November 18, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

November 18, 2021

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Folks did not want to make this easy on me, eh?

Columbus only had 19 skaters on the pro roster while Stefan Matteau was on both the pro and farm lines... Matteau got re-promoted and some random AHLer took his farm spot. Two other teams had AHL issues and got randoms added to the lineup.

Three trades were entered and salaries adjusted (I almost made the trades before saving the players_cap file 🙃), so Toews is now on 4.13mil, Frolík on 5.083mil, and Pilon on 2.0mil. Thankfully Dan is up tomorrow, so if I made a mistake on those he can fix it before doing the sim.

Add in 10 games, one UFA signing that has been sitting for ~6 days, and one team wanting extra practices, I'm not going to do a write up today. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will, however, note that Cole Caufield, of all people, got 5min for attempt to injure against the Flyers. However, both teams got off lucky, as no one appears to have been injured (indeed, one would assume it would be obvious in their icetime, considering it happened less than 10min into the game, but it does not seem like anyone missed a shift. Well, other than Caufield, who now leads all rookies in PIM)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: November 18, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

What the fuck was that?
EHM wrote:Coach Owen Nolan thinks that the extra practise was good enough to shake some players.
Did Brady Tkachuk get the fucking memo?
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Can you please kick Patrick White off Utica? No idea where he came from or why he's there.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Nice to see he 4th line will us to victory!
Most recent file here.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:16 am Can you please kick Patrick White off Utica? No idea where he came from or why he's there.
From what I see, you only have 4 people set to LW on Utica, so if you had an AHL lines issue and someone gave you autolines, it would have signed White. I'd suggest switching the positions of a couple RW to LW so that you don't have to worry about that in the future.
VancouverCanucksGM

DetroitGM wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:57 am
VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:16 am Can you please kick Patrick White off Utica? No idea where he came from or why he's there.
From what I see, you only have 4 people set to LW on Utica, so if you had an AHL lines issue and someone gave you autolines, it would have signed White. I'd suggest switching the positions of a couple RW to LW so that you don't have to worry about that in the future.
I have 14 AHL players, 10 eligible for LW, 7 eligible for C, and 10 eligible for RW so that shouldn't have been an issue. Kept that extra roster spot open in case I made a trade or needed to make another roster move,
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

All that matters for auto-lines is their default position. If you don't have enough default LWs or any position, it'll do that. It's not going to move over a RW whose secondary is LW.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:58 pm I have 14 AHL players, 10 eligible for LW, 7 eligible for C, and 10 eligible for RW so that shouldn't have been an issue. Kept that extra roster spot open in case I made a trade or needed to make another roster move,
Mhm, obviously fast signed players can be released, I'm just explaining why he would have been signed and suggesting an extremely easy way to prevent a similar future issue.
VancouverCanucksGM

DetroitGM wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:35 pm
VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:58 pm I have 14 AHL players, 10 eligible for LW, 7 eligible for C, and 10 eligible for RW so that shouldn't have been an issue. Kept that extra roster spot open in case I made a trade or needed to make another roster move,
Mhm, obviously fast signed players can be released, I'm just explaining why he would have been signed and suggesting an extremely easy way to prevent a similar future issue.
Yes, I got that.

Return to “2021-2022 EHEC Regular Season”