April 9, 2017

Post by Jets GM »

Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Re: April 9, 2017

Post by Vik (Habs) »

All right folks, rules are no more.

Well not quite but...
No more cap, everybody was under (hooray) - but do try to keep things reasonable (no Chicago's this offseason, please).
No waivers (because who cares) - but remember any player that is still in the AHL after next preseason will be waived so you can't hide guys there.
No limit on contracts or underagers - but you'll have to be under by the preseason.

Enjoy the playoffs those that made it and embrace the misery those who didn't.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

yep.. who wants to trade :P lol course the Isle win... but not when some games counted... geez.
NYI GM
JacketsGM (Jer)

Post by JacketsGM (Jer) »

Jackets will take an extra practice, if possible.
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

Extra practice for Arizona, please.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

When is this starting?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:When is this starting?
*looks skyward*

NYR - TOR
DET - BOS
PIT - CBS (noice)
OTT - TBL

ARZ - VAN
DAL - ANA (hilarious since they have the same point totals; doubly hilarious with ANA's +2 season goal differential
CHI - NSH
LAK - CGY
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

This format sucks!
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Calgary.Flames wrote:This format sucks!
2013-14 season. I missed the playoffs with 89pts.

Meanwhile, the Central sent St.Louis and Chicago to the postseason with 88 and 82 pts, respectively.

So, yeah.
Jon Merrill
1992-2021
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Get rid of it next year. I don't like it. Very fake.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Ok, thanks for the matchups, Dan.

I will be working on the file today, hoping to get it right for the playoffs to start. Since I'm only doing this now, I say let's start things off tomorrow night, Thursday. Sound good? West coast first, then East coast starts on Friday. For now, I'll sim the West games, and Dan will do the East, except that I'll sim all NYR games until I win the Cup. Works for me. :)

I'm also going to get the rest of the draftees in the file soon, and then start rating them. This has taken longer than last year, but things just get in the way. I will keep folks updated as I move along, so you can keep your scouting updated as well.

We're also talking about any changes/alterations for the way we do things around here for the next season. Including, but not limited to: draft, salary cap (and financials in general), settings (goal scoring and goalies in particular), next year's playoffs, etc. Again, we'll keep folks updated, and also try to get things sorted as quickly as possible so you all have time to react to and work with any changes we implement.

Congrats to all the playoff participants, especially if this is your first time in the ECHL post-season. Better luck next time for all the rest. I hope those who didn't make the Show this time will stick around and still be present during your "lull" before the draft.

Return to “2016-17 EHEC Regular Season”