Sim Schedule and Instructions

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Sim Schedule and Instructions

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Alright, boys. We're looking at having 28 teams filled tonight. Potentially 29.

So here's what we're going to do. The last remaining team(s) will be league controlled for a short period of time. This basically means I will set the training and put together some preseason lines. Once we get going, I am confident that our quality of applicants will improve as there seems to be some skepticism about us.

For the rest of us, the schedule will be as follows. Teams will be given until Wednesday to assess their situation, offer some free agent contracts, start talking trades, and what have you. Starting Wednesday night, with a late sim around 10:30-11, the preseason will begin. Because we need to catch up, preseason sims will be 6 EHM days per calendar day and will run 3 days on, 1 day off, until the preseason is over. For your purposes, this means two games for your team per sim. If you want two different sets of lines, please let me know that. Lines will be sent to lines@ehechockey.com. Please title your email with the game date and your team name. Lines do not need to be updated in the Starting Lineup thread for preseason because they may differ so much from game to game.

Please submit training instructions to me by Monday evening at 9. I will sim up to the eve of the preseason on Monday night. PM your training instructions to me and anything else you may want done.

Once we enter the regular season, we will sim two EHM days per calendar day to catch up. The sim including October 4, a day where there are no games, will be a three EHM day sim. If a team with a back-to-back sustains an injury longer than DtD, I will give them 30-45 minutes to alter their lineup. I will alert them via PM, messaging client (if applicable), and email. If there are no injuries, I will just sim through. If you wish to have a different set of lines for your 2nd game, please submit two separate .lns files to me for that game.

Now, what you've all been waiting for. Player and ceiling re-rates. Here is how this will work.

I will be creating a thread shortly for teams to list their players. The player re-rate will be a three-point re-rate. You will decide which three of the six main categories you want updated (Shooting, Playmaking, Stickhandling, Checking, Positioning, Hitting). Each of those attributes will be bumped up by three points. For example, if you want to update SH, PL, and ST, then your player will move from a 74 to a 77 OF. You will decide which categories. For the league-controlled team(s), the Committee will decide which players are updated.

The ceiling re-rate will be a ten-point re-rate. Again, you will pick three of the six main categories to have the ceilings re-rated for. For example, a player with an 095 SH ceiling will have it re-rated to 105.

Potential and consistency will NOT be touched. I trust Vik's roster-making skills on those two values.

Players who have their current attributes re-rated CANNOT be traded until at least January. I do not want GMs maximizing value by using these re-rates. Players who have their ceilings re-rated can still be traded, that is your prerogative. Any proposed trade involving players who were re-rated will immediately be rejected.

A few reminders:

Please familiarize yourself again with the Free Agent bidding process. You will PM the Free Agents account with your bids. Do not post them publicly, it is a private system. Please keep in mind the amount of realism that we wish to achieve. Remember that the winning bid will be total salary, not annual cap hit. Contracts will be paid the same amount yearly, so you cannot front-load/back-load contracts.

Free Agent bidding will begin Sunday September 27 at 4 p.m. EST.

Consider Nik Zherdev a UFA. Vik has updated me on the situation and he will be listed as a UFA by Monday's sim. He is free to be bid on.

I would really appreciate your help with contracts and making sure that your players have the right length. I know Ovechkin and Zetterberg need to be updated. Please look at your roster and see if there are any glaring omissions.

Today/tonight/tomorrow, I will be making Excel spreadsheets of everyone's current cap situation. I will be getting our webmaster to post them on the main website so that it will be made public and you can keep up with it. I will also see if I can embed Excel spreadsheets on the forums here.

Anything else that you guys can think of, let me know. Just post it as a reply here.

Again, thank you for your patience. We've been sorting through the applications and taking the best people applying so that we have as little turnover within the first couple months/weeks as possible. That explains the delay.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Sim Schedule and Instructions

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Again, please hold off on ALL CONTRACT POSTINGS until 4 p.m. Sunday September 27.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Also, sorry guys. I forgot to update the staff.ehm file in the savefile. It is now updated in mine. It has been updated in the savefile.

I just updated the savefile. Here is the link to download: http://ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip
Adam Burke
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Has bidding begun now?

Is there a maximum number of offers each team can bid on each player?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

CapsGM wrote:Has bidding begun now?

Is there a maximum number of offers each team can bid on each player?
Bidding is open.

3 bid max per player.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I need everybody to submit their training otherwise there will not be any in place. Again, I will be simming up to the eve of the preseason tomorrow night.

Also, let me know if you want prospects invited to camp.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Are rookie contract bonuses not being added to their salaries? There are a number of young players with real contracts with $2 million+ in cap hits from bonuses that don't seem to be in the game.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:Are rookie contract bonuses not being added to their salaries? There are a number of young players with real contracts with $2 million+ in cap hits from bonuses that don't seem to be in the game.
No bonuses have been added.

Subsequently, signing bonuses made during the tenure of our league do not count toward the cap. Therefore, they also do not count toward the total salary.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tonight's sim will take place at 10 pm. Make sure to have everything to me by 9:30.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I don't think the latest save has a preseason schedule yet, so do you still want the date of the game for each set of lines in the email?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:I don't think the latest save has a preseason schedule yet, so do you still want the date of the game for each set of lines in the email?
Just do Game 1 and Game 2 then.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I've only got 8 sets of lines for tonight's sim (not counting mine and the league-controlled franchises). Gotta get those to me guys.
Adam Burke
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I've only got 8 sets of lines for tonight's sim (not counting mine and the league-controlled franchises). Gotta get those to me guys.
We don't have to have them posted in the lineup thread to have the .lns file inputted do we?
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I've only got 8 sets of lines for tonight's sim (not counting mine and the league-controlled franchises). Gotta get those to me guys.
We don't have to have them posted in the lineup thread to have the .lns file inputted do we?
Nah. It'd be too much of a pain in the ass for you guys to keep changing your lineup for every game in the preseason. Just .lns are fine.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”