Commish Bub(NYR)

January 29, 2015

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Results here: http://www.ehechockey.com/schedule.php

Standings here: http://www.ehechockey.com/standings.php

League leaders here: http://www.ehechockey.com/leagueleaders.php

League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

Lots of power play goals tonight, and three suspensions to boot:
OTT Colby Cohen (rpt. offender) gets 2 games for KO on DAL Mark Jankowski (nearly 1 month)
BUF Matt Greene (rpt. offender) gets 2 games for KO on EDM Daniel Carcillo (2 weeks)
SJ Ryane Clowe gets 10 games for KO on ANA Braydon Coburn (indefinitely)

Lots of long faces tonight:
Two goals each for Filatov and Dubinsky, as the Isles paste the Bruins 7-4;
Two for Corey Perry and Shea Theodore's first career goal, as the Rags clamp down on Montreal, 4-0;
Winnipeg throws 47 shots at Ondrej Pavelec; he stops 44 of them, but it's not enough: Jets 3, Flyers 1;
Not much defense in Toronto tonight, and the Coyotes flog Samu Perhonen for six: Arizona 6, Toronto 4;
Ottawa's doldrums continue as Grigorenko puts up two goals and Dallas takes this one on the road, 3-2;
Gaborik hits 40 goals on the season, and Tampa Bay holds off the Wings, 5-3;
Florida rips off four unanswered to top the Jackets 6-2;
Nashville continues its nice run of late, beating the Blues 5-3;
Calgary pastes the Wild at home, with Charlie Coyle getting his first of the year, 4-1;
Down 3-0, Edmonton reels off six goals in 17 minutes to stun the Sabres, 6-3;
Clowe's five-minute major for spearing Coburn give Anaheim two quick goals and a feisty third period: Ducks 6, Sharks 2.
Bruins_GM

Re: January 29, 2015

Post by Bruins_GM »

If we can't beat the Islanders, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Well this wasnt what i planned at all......And after redoing my lines, i forgot all about changing the damn goalie :oops: ....oh well.....Lappy was a mad man tonight with 3 fights and a game mis,,,,25 PIMS....4.50 ice time lol Juntilla tried to make a decent comeback out of it, but came up shy......oh well....
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Wow, tough injury luck for the Ducks this year.

With the injuries, Anaheim and Dallas will both need a callup.
Nashville's over the cap (64,543,333).

Also Ian White was demoted. He was on waivers earlier this season and we never really did get an answer to how long someone has to be demoted without needing to pass through them again.
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

I have a question.

This is not pointed at a specific team, but I want to understand something...

Example, NSH tonight.

Yesterday, they were under the cap.
Tonight, after their game, they are over.

They did trade anybody in between those 2 days.

Does that means that they made a call-up that put them over the cap ?
Purposely or not, that means they put themsleves over the cap, by themselves ?

I ask because it's not the first I realize teams getting over the cap, without making trades in between 2 sims days.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

BlackHawk Down (Seb) wrote:I have a question.

Example, NSH tonight.

I ask because it's not the first I realize teams getting over the cap, without making trades in between 2 sims days.
That is often the reason, yes. With Nashville, looks like they demoted Hoeffel and promoted Pecura and Koudys. If you check the salaries with the last post Julien had, that would actually be fine so I take it something else happened between then and now that Lubos didn't account for. They're also at 23 skaters (game only shows 22 because of Staal's suspension) so if they demote Pecura (who didn't play), they're fine.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I just want to point out that everyone should be on top of their own things and know their numbers. The numbers I post on a weekly basis (or so) are for people to know where everybody else is.

Also, when I do post them, if anyone has questions or if my number don't match theirs, please send me a PM and we'll be able to figure it out.

That being said, GO FLAMES!
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Caliss de tabarnack!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AnaheimGM wrote:Caliss de tabarnack!
What he said. Stop getting suspended, idiots.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

Lee + Backes + Cohen out... OUCH!
Singin the BLUES

Vik (Habs) wrote:
BlackHawk Down (Seb) wrote:I have a question.

Example, NSH tonight.

That is often the reason, yes. With Nashville, looks like they demoted Hoeffel and promoted Pecura and Koudys. If you check the salaries with the last post Julien had, that would actually be fine so I take it something else happened between then and now that Lubos didn't account for. They're also at 23 skaters (game only shows 22 because of Staal's suspension) so if they demote Pecura (who didn't play), they're fine.
Well, i just went through only since Jan 1 2015 and i have found 10 different teams go over the cap for a combined 22 times......And it kind of sucks seeing this go on with so many other teams managing their respective teams very well....

Rules state:
In 2014-2015, the EHEC salary cap is currently set at $64,000,000, with a cap floor of $45,000,000.
The following penalties apply to NHL teams for violating the salary cap or floor.
First offense: Starting goaltender benched for the night’s game; warning via private
message (PM)
Second offense: Starting goaltender and top three (3) players (according to OA)
benched for the night’s game; warning via PM and email
Third offense: Automatic forfeit of the night’s game (results in 1-0 loss); final warning via
PM and email
Fourth offense: Removal from league....

Well i have not even seen penalty #1 given out as of yet and i have seen at least 4 teams just in 2015 be over the cap at least 3 times. I think this rule needs to be adhered to since every GM here is pretty experienced and pretty active as well.....i will leave this in the leagues hands now and see what will be done....
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Yes, this is getting out of hand.

To a degree, I will apologize for not being more on top of this from day one. However....I don't think it should be up to that night's simmer to double-check everyone's cap numbers before each game. And it shouldn't be up to Julien to post new team numbers every single day.

Having said that, it's time to start enforcing the rules. I don't want to start kicking guys out, and I don't think it will come to that; it's hard enough to find quality GMs these days, and I happen to like the quality and activity of the group we have here now. (You're welcome.) But we have a cap for a reason, and it needs to be--and will be--enforced.

The committee and I are coming up with a better way to monitor cap situations for next season. In the meantime, we'll discuss the current situation as well.

Thanks for your interest, guys.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I think that penalties for being over the cap are outdated and was one of the things not included in ARI and Julien's update this past off-season.

No EHM league, even ours as great as it is, can afford to be firing quality managers. The pool of active GM's is so small as the games popularity has waned in recent years. It is also unrealistic to expect that teams will be cap compliant at all times with how trades and free agent signings are processed. That fluctuation needs to be reflected when the rules are revised.

Since Vik is nice enough to give us the totals every sim, maybe a 48 hour rule? If your over for two sim's straight, you have to start your backup until you are under. I will leave it up to the powers that be to decide further sanctions, but a single violation isn't a good indicator of whether a team is cap compliant.

Maybe Quinn (or Dan) could one day enrich the financial system within GM Office to allow GM's to better monitor their cap situation. However, with pro-ration it probably won't be that easy.
Most recent file here.
Singin the BLUES

IMO......i think once teams get nailed for it the first or even the second time, they wont do it again....once you bench their best goalie and best OA guy, they WILL get the hint......

Return to “2014-15 EHEC Regular Season”