Blues relieved of duties

Moderator: SharksGM

BSBullies

Blues relieved of duties

Post by BSBullies »

It's no secret there were some issues with our St. Louis GM, based on several things he has been let go and we look forward to hiring a new Blues GM shortly. Thanks for bearing with us guys.
Jets GM

Re: Blues relieved of duties

Post by Jets GM »

Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

What happened to the Crosby trade? I assume it was washed?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:What happened to the Crosby trade? I assume it was washed?
Yes. The decision was made last night. We waited until today to inform the former GM and make a public post.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

No more Backes :(

For the record, he seemed to know how to deal with the game. I wouldn't have negociated with a GM that doesn't know what he's doing.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

For knowing what he was doing, he sure had a lot of moves overruled.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I'll elaborate a bit so it doesn't look like this move came out of nowhere.

Obviously, the former GM's first impression was a horrible one, releasing Boyes, Tkachuk, and McDonald all in one fell swoop. I was initially planning on removing him right then and there because it was clear that he was nowhere near cut out for the league. At the request of my Committee, they wanted to work with him and see if we could correct the problems and give him another chance. As I consider both gentlemen to be close, personal friends of mine, I honored the request.

The former GM did not seem to grasp some of the provisions in the Rulebook and was very difficult to speak with according to some of our league's very well respected GMs. We felt it best to cut our losses and head off any future problems before the former GM became a serious detriment to the league. Even if there were flashes of ability to be a contributing member of this league, we felt from a risk-reward perspective that the risk of keeping him and alienating other GMs was far too great than the potential reward.

Unlike some of the other GMs who do not post a lot, the former STL GM rarely sent in lines or made any daily transactions, or answer private messages.

We felt it was in the best interest of the league and we are comfortable with our decision.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I was just saying that the players he wanted to keep, were hard to get. And, he knew the game well. Just not too smart giving away the vets for free.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Yeah, that whole waiver fiasco was one of the most bizarre things I've seen in an EHM league.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

What waiver fiasco? And someone said there was some sort of Crosby deal? 8-)
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

What was wrong with the Crosby deal? :o
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Not familiar with a Crosby deal :P
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Haven't you been watching TSN tradecentre!?

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”