Loading League Files

Moderator: SharksGM

LukeDucksGM

Loading League Files

Post by LukeDucksGM »

hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having difficulty getting the league set up properly. I've downloaded the simulator which seems to work fine, but I can't open up our save files. What directory do I put the save files into? Is there anything beyond dropping the save file in there I need to do? Thanks for your help in getting me set up properly.

- Luke
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Loading League Files

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

LukeDucksGM wrote:hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having difficulty getting the league set up properly. I've downloaded the simulator which seems to work fine, but I can't open up our save files. What directory do I put the save files into? Is there anything beyond dropping the save file in there I need to do? Thanks for your help in getting me set up properly.

- Luke
First step. Open EHM, start a new league with the regular rosters at the default. Human control Anaheim, create the league. Save the league as EHEC.

Then, using the zip file, overwrite everything in the EHM\saves\EHEC.

I'll also have to email you the config_teams.ehm and the picture folders. I'll do that in a few.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
LukeDucksGM

Post by LukeDucksGM »

The issue I have is that saving my new league doesn't seem to result in anything being created in the saves folder. I can drop the EHEC folder into the saves but when I then try to load EHEC, it seems to load the default rosters from 2001 and no games played, etc.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

LukeDucksGM wrote:The issue I have is that saving my new league doesn't seem to result in anything being created in the saves folder. I can drop the EHEC folder into the saves but when I then try to load EHEC, it seems to load the default rosters from 2001 and no games played, etc.
What OS are you using?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
StarStruck

Post by StarStruck »

LukeDucksGM wrote:The issue I have is that saving my new league doesn't seem to result in anything being created in the saves folder. I can drop the EHEC folder into the saves but when I then try to load EHEC, it seems to load the default rosters from 2001 and no games played, etc.
you just have to put it in the saves folder, not in EHEC folder otherwise nothing will overwrite...I dunno if thats the problem, just thought I'd try and help haha
LukeDucksGM

Post by LukeDucksGM »

I'm using Vista.

As far as the folders I put it into, there is nothing there except "autosave". So I drop the whole downloaded EHEC folder into the save directory, but that doesn't seem to do anything since I'm not convinced it saved properly in the first place. I don't even get EHEC showing up as an option in the open league box, but if I type it in specifically it will load the default season I tried to make as a placeholder.
StarStruck

Post by StarStruck »

LukeDucksGM wrote:I'm using Vista.

As far as the folders I put it into, there is nothing there except "autosave". So I drop the whole downloaded EHEC folder into the save directory, but that doesn't seem to do anything since I'm not convinced it saved properly in the first place. I don't even get EHEC showing up as an option in the open league box, but if I type it in specifically it will load the default season I tried to make as a placeholder.
Ya if you just drop the folder into the saves folder then it will be there...you will have to type in 'ehec' though to open it up
LukeDucksGM

Post by LukeDucksGM »

StarStruck wrote:Ya if you just drop the folder into the saves folder then it will be there...you will have to type in 'ehec' though to open it up
yeah, I've done that, but when I open it up now it's on 21-6-2001 with really old rosters and the standings show 0 games played, so I'm thinking that's just loading some random default rather than the actual save file
StarStruck

Post by StarStruck »

LukeDucksGM wrote:
StarStruck wrote:Ya if you just drop the folder into the saves folder then it will be there...you will have to type in 'ehec' though to open it up
yeah, I've done that, but when I open it up now it's on 21-6-2001 with really old rosters and the standings show 0 games played, so I'm thinking that's just loading some random default rather than the actual save file
open up your ehec saves folder and see what the year is in the league.ehm folder...not sure why it would be different for you but if its not 2010 you could change it. other than that i'm not sure, have you tried advancing a day to see what happens?
LukeDucksGM

Post by LukeDucksGM »

the league file in the save folder says 2010, so I'm pretty sure the real issue is that it's not actually loading the saved game file. It seems to be loading the exact same thing it would if I started a new league, so somehow the connection between the save file and the program is not working properly
StarStruck

Post by StarStruck »

you might wanna try uninstalling and reinstalling then...you might be missing a file or somethin
LukeDucksGM

Post by LukeDucksGM »

Just an update. I finally got this to work after some un/reinstalls. Thanks for your help and sorry I've been slow to get this set up and get myself familiar with the league.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”