2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Moderator: SharksGM

User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I'll have a new EHM Utilities file shortly. The Utica Comets are now an AHL team, the affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks. Some affiliations, logos, and whatnot have changed.

I'll add instructions when I update the .zip.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Changes:

New Dallas Stars logo
Utica Comets (VAN)
Iowa Wild (MIN)
STL affiliate now Chicago Wolves (Peoria Rivermen defunct)
Connecticut Whale (NYR) now back to being named Hartford Wolfpack
Updated Adirondack (PHI) logo
Updated Binghamton (OTT) logo

Steps:
1. Download http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC_Utilities.zip
2. Unzip contents
3. Copy config_teams.ehm and pictures folder
4. Paste into your main EHM directory (In Windows 7, this is C: -> Program Files (x86) -> Eastside Hockey Manger)
5. Overwrite, say yes, continue, whatever Windows says to do

And now your file is updated. (and the link is fixed)
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Going to enter the finished FA threads tomorrow and post an updated file.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Parker »

Hehe Tampa and Anaheim are building entire farm rosters with UFA's this year. Good to see some interesting players that I didn't have room for in my long-term plans that are finding work with other organizations.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I hate the offseason.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

File updated. http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

If I missed anything, let me know. Still have to check over-34 players for retirement. Beyond that, all FA, waiver, and anything else entered.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Jets GM
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:33 am
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Jets GM »

Saku Koivu is on SJ, should be on TB. Thank you.
Most recent file here.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Saku Koivu is on SJ, should be on TB. Thank you.
Done.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The AHL playoff LE edits have been made.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

A note on the career file. Some of you have been PMing me or messaging me about the career tab not being updated for each player. Pat and I are aware of the problem. We don't know why it happened, but every time Pat attempts to sim through the last two weeks of the EHM calendar, it will not generate an updated career file.

So, Pat is updating it by hand. It will take some time, but he is working on it.

---

Draft review rewards will be available again this season. Have your draft reviews finished by this Friday at noon PST, 3 pm EST to be eligible.

I will do as I usually do. Make up a list and pluck names and teams from a hat and it will all be done by random.

---

The NHL schedule is supposed to be released tomorrow. Thanks to Dan's ingenuity from last offseason, the schedule will be quicker and pain-free to generate this season. That will be added to the file once it's complete.

We ARE doing realignment. I'll have more thoughts on that over the next few days.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I just checked the league email and clearly missed a few things. During the offseason, just PM stuff to me, guys. I don't have a reason to check the email when lines aren't being sent.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An addendum to my post about the schedule. Obviously, the NHL season will be interrupted by the 2014 Sochi Olympics. My intention is to create a separate Olympics file again like I did back in 2010 and get volunteers to manage teams. It'll be drawn at random. I'll focus on making the smaller countries more competitive this time, as well.

Just in case the question was going to come up.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Realignment, doh.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I updated the file. Anybody having any problems with it? Julien told me there was an error, but I haven't had a problem.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a reminder: Draft reviews due tomorrow by 3 p.m. EST, 12 noon PST if you want to be eligible for rewards.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Got a new desktop finally, so I'll be getting everything set up on that. Schedule supposedly coming out today, so that'll be the next thing I accomplish.

Remember that draft reviews are due by 3 p.m. EST, 12 p.m. PST. I'll draw rewards on Monday or Tuesday.

The season is 195 days this year. So when we calculate pro-ration on trades, it will be (Salary / 195) * Days Remaining in Season for cap hit to acquiring team. Salary / 195 * Days Played with Team is cap hit to previous team.

Divisions:

Western Conference
Pacific: ANA, CGY, EDM, LA, PHX, SJ, VAN
Central: CHI, COL, DAL, MIN, NSH, STL, WPG

Eastern Conference
Metropolitan: CAR, CBJ, NJ, NYI, NYR, PHI, PIT, WSH
Atlantic: BOS, BUF, DET, FLA, MTL, OTT, TB, TOR

The Stanley Cup Playoffs have a new division-based format. Playoff qualification will be primarily Division-based, with the top three finishers in each Division qualifying for the first 12 spots in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (and the first three "seeds" in each Division). The two additional playoff spots in each Conference, designated as "Wild Cards," will be awarded to the next two highest-placed finishers in each Conference, ranked on the basis of regular-season points and regardless of Division. The League will play under this new alignment and playoff system for a minimum of three seasons, through the 2015-16 NHL season.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Hmm, I don't actually mind my new division.
Parker

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Parker »

My old nemesis Dallas isn't in the Pacific anymore. Kinda makes me sad. Now I guess I can focus on getting whupped by Edmonton instead.

So the new playoff format is based on the CFL, sounds like.
Calgary.Flames

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Moving to the big boys' division...
AnaheimGM

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by AnaheimGM »

This will be really difficult for the Ducks in our Division this year. It's scary...
User avatar
Commish Bub(NYR)
Posts: 6507
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Metropolitan: A brutal division with a silly name.
User avatar
TorontoGM
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by TorontoGM »

I'm never gonna make the playoffs. :lol:
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tenatively, my plan is this:

I will swap Winnipeg and I. It'll be a simple fix, flip over the rosters to the new teams and edit config_teams.ehm. EHM reads numbers, not teams, so I will be in the East and Winnipeg will be in the West.

At that point, my only issue becomes if Detroit makes the playoffs. I can manipulate the standings very easily by changing regulation losses to OTLs or wins until I get the right order in each conference.

If Detroit makes the playoffs, I'll have to do the same thing, swapping Detroit with a non-playoff team in the East and manipulating the standings to put them in the playoffs.

A little bit of extra work, but nothing too substantial.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
jamesredwings

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by jamesredwings »

What do you mean IF Detroit makes the playoffs!

Better be prepared!!! :twisted:
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Dan did the schedule for me. It'll be in the next upload. Unfortunately, while trying to fastsim through to make sure the schedule worked out, the game decided it was a good time to give me run time errors. The working theory is that it's budget-related and CPU GMs are stupid. I didn't encounter one when I manually simmed through the first round of preseason games, but that doesn't mean one won't pop up.

I couldn't pinpoint the cause, even after lowering all team budgets to 60M and hoping that CPU GMs wouldn't spend like drunken Berniers at a bar trying to impress 19-year-old coeds with Daddy issues and tramp stamps, but I was still having trouble.

If anybody wants to soldier through the schedule and make sure it works, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll either wing it or do it at another time.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Parker »

In regards to this testing out the schedule thing, has an updated league file been released? The one I downloaded yesterday was the same one as the last time I downloaded the league file.

Also, I notice the league front page has been updated. Good stuff. :D
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:In regards to this testing out the schedule thing, has an updated league file been released? The one I downloaded yesterday was the same one as the last time I downloaded the league file.

Also, I notice the league front page has been updated. Good stuff. :D
Uploaded the file today.

And thanks to whoever updated the front page!
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Commish Bub(NYR)
Posts: 6507
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

LOL I hadn't looked at the front page in weeks, maybe a couple of months...

Adam, while I didn't do a fastsim, I did check the schedule and found that everyone has 82 games. Beyond that, I didn't look any closer at anything.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:LOL I hadn't looked at the front page in weeks, maybe a couple of months...

Adam, while I didn't do a fastsim, I did check the schedule and found that everyone has 82 games. Beyond that, I didn't look any closer at anything.
Good enough for me.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9163
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by SharksGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:And thanks to whoever updated the front page!
Guilty as charged. Maybe I should change the picture too.

I tried to figure out why the game keeps crashing when fast-simming through the preseason and got nowhere, so I guess I'll just patiently wait for the real preseason to finish.
Calgary.Flames

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Calgary.Flames »

What's been updated on the front page exactly?
Looks indentical to me...
User avatar
GM Office Q
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by GM Office Q »

Milan Michalek to Colorado is an update to me :lol: Edit-Whoops, can't read.
GoJetsGo

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by GoJetsGo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:What's been updated on the front page exactly?
Looks indentical to me...
Hit refresh on the story page, should show up.
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9163
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by SharksGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:What's been updated on the front page exactly?
Looks indentical to me...
Tough crowd... I changed everything but the picture.

Well, just for you I updated it again, this one should be harder to miss. Sorry Adam.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

That guy looks familiar.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9163
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by SharksGM »

... tumbleweed.gif ...
Penguin

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Penguin »

SharksGM wrote:... tumbleweed.gif ...
About time you update the Awards, dickface!
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9163
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by SharksGM »

Penguin wrote:
SharksGM wrote:... tumbleweed.gif ...
About time you update the Awards, dickface!
Funny thing is that I can't edit your shitty posts anymore, you hyper-aggressive turd!
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Guess I have to advance the file tonight...
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Commish Bub(NYR)
Posts: 6507
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Guess I have to advance the file tonight...
So that means we have to prod everyone awake? :lol:
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Guess I have to advance the file tonight...
So that means we have to prod everyone awake? :lol:
Seems that way.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Parker »

Awake? I've been checking in here like four times a day all summer... I can't wait for things to get moving again.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Awake? I've been checking in here like four times a day all summer... I can't wait for things to get moving again.
I'll update the file this afternoon. Nights are a bit crazy for me right now with college football and baseball. Which is ok, because I can get Pat acclimated to simming during the preseason. Once baseball ends for me in October, it'll be all systems go.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
GM Office Q
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by GM Office Q »

Parker wrote:Awake? I've been checking in here like four times a day all summer... I can't wait for things to get moving again.
:lol: Same with me, and I know from PM that WSH and CGY have been checking in routinely as well.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

File updated: http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

Preseason games start September 5. Make sure you have all of your affairs in order.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9163
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by SharksGM »

To the Eastside Hockey Elite Collide, in the case of my untimely death, I bequeath the princely sum of all of the liquor bottles under my sink, as well as my left pinky toe.
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9163
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by SharksGM »

Oh yeah seriously, if we want to do awards voting before the next season starts, I need access to edit Bern's posts in the Awards forum. Or someone else can do it if they want.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Quick note that I'm taking donations for our hosting costs if anybody is interested. The total cost is $42 and it covers us from 9/17-3/17. I'd really appreciate it if you guys would be able to help me out.

Gracias.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Penguin »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Quick note that I'm taking donations for our hosting costs if anybody is interested. The total cost is $42 and it covers us from 9/17-3/17. I'd really appreciate it if you guys would be able to help me out.

Gracias.
4000$ in debt.. :cry:
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2013 Draft Class/Offseason Thread

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Quick note that I'm taking donations for our hosting costs if anybody is interested. The total cost is $42 and it covers us from 9/17-3/17. I'd really appreciate it if you guys would be able to help me out.

Gracias.
4000$ in debt.. :cry:
I've got probably 10x that. You've got a long way to go to catch up.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Post Reply

Return to “League Memos”