June 7, 2013

GoJetsGo

June 7, 2013

Post by GoJetsGo »

STANLEY CUP FINALS GAME 4

PIT 4 - CGY 2
Shots: 37-14 PIT
PP: PIT - 2/6; CGY - 0/5

06:15 1-0 CGY Scott Niedermayer [4] (Garnet Exelby)
------------------------------------------------------------
27:37 1-1 PIT James van Riemsdyk [7] (David Clarkson, Paul Ranger)PP
29:18 1-2 PIT Cody Hodgson [9] (Jonathon Blum)
47:13 1-3 PIT Jonathon Blum [3] (Ryan Whitney, Anze Kopitar)PP
48:27 2-3 CGY Dion Phaneuf [2] (Jani Hakanpaa, Phil Kessel)
58:37 2-4 PIT Ryan Whitney [4] (Anze Kopitar, Cody Hodgson) EN

Three stars:
1st: James van Riemsdyk
2nd: Cody Hodgson
3rd: Jonathon Blum

Pittsburgh Penguins win Best of 7 Stanley Cup Final 4-0
GoJetsGo

Re: June 7, 2013

Post by GoJetsGo »

Well, crap. We're never going to hear the end of this, are we? :lol: Bern's Penguins decide to fly home in style instead of bringing Calgary along with them. Ryan Whitney continues to build his case to stay in Pittsburgh; the usual suspects also aid the effort. In dominating fashion, the Pittsburgh Penguins are your 2012-13 EHEC Stanley Cup Champions!

Props to Julien, who has worked tirelessly to improve his squad. If Calgary is scheduled to play there's no doubt a lines file has been sent. A conference championship victory over Phoenix alone is an achievement to be proud of.

Congrats to Bern, who if it weren't for injuries last season may have been a back-to-back champion.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and participation. 4 real-time seasons are now in the books.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

http://www.ehechockey.com/calendar.html
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Looks like the Stanley Cup happened the round before in the East..... :)
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Congrats Bern dog!

Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Congrats!
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Congrats on the Cup, Bern!

Congrats on getting the the final, Julien. And congrats to all of us for making it through the season. Four years! Can you believe it?
Parker

Post by Parker »

Congratulations, Bern!

I would've liked to see a closer series, but with three sweeps in four playoff rounds, there's not much question who the dominant team was in these playoffs.

Congratulations to Montreal and Calgary as well for coming as close as they did.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Bub(NYR) wrote:And congrats to all of us for making it through the season. Four years! Can you believe it?
No kidding eh? What amazes me the most is how many original GM's we still have here. Four years is a long time.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Well, I guess it was inevitable that that Penguins roster would win a cup, but I didn't expect such a steamrolling. Congrats to Bern for building his team up. Better luck next year, Julien... maybe we can meet in the conference finals if the other jerks in the West play nice.
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Congratulations.

Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Weoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Thanks boys and thanks to my players!! Everyone played well. Turco shut up all the haters, Hodgson became a playoff guy, Whitney & Blum being key deadline acquisitions, etc.

I agree Julien didn't give me as much competition as fuckface Brad and his Canadiens, but you have to give this guy credit. He came into the league only last year and beat that powerhouse Phoenix team to make it to the finals. Huge congrats to him and he was smart enough not to give me his phone # cause, yup, he would have been bombarded with trash talking txts. :lol:

Adam, thanks again for everything, Tommy thanks again for simming, it's greatly appreciated and it's remarkable how we're still as active as day 1 with a slow schedule. I firmly believe every league should follow the NHL like we do to stay alive.

Now, the biggest challenge is making it 2 in a row!
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

I agree Julien didn't give me as much competition as fuckface Brad and his Canadiens...
LOL. I almost spit out my milk here.

Now we have, 2 east Cup winners, and 2 west? And when I say West I mean the Pacific Division?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

wtg bern bread
Most recent file here.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Congrats Bern!
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Congrats, asshole!
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Still doesn't need Frolik.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

This team ran out of gas towards the end. That series against Phoenix was an epic battle that did not leave much in our tank. It was all downhill from there. However, you've got to give credit where credit is due. The Pens clearly were the better of the two teams and props to Bern for putting together such a strong team.

I'm glad I made it this far though. It's the high point of my young EHEC career. I'm looking forward to next season and I will do my best to stay as active as I was even though my baby boy will have seen the day by then.

I will be taking a close look at my roster in the next few days and as usual try to tweak it a bit. I'm aware what cost me in the finals but it's not like I'm years away from contending again.

I have picks # 46, 48 and 50 in this year's draft which I most likely will be shopping.
I will also update my trade block shortly.

Again, congrats on winning the cup Bern. I will admit that my heart was broken cause you don't ever want to lose this far in, but thing is, you had the best team out there.

I'm glad I'm part of EHEC. MAJOR PROPS to those making it happen night in and night out.
Adam you deserve all the praises in the world. Tommy, it's really nice that you can contribute the way you do.
The rest of you, keep looking at your inboxes ... I won't be very far.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Congratulations to Bern and Julien for having tremendous seasons and making a lot of great moves to get their teams to the Finals. Congratulations to all of us for completing another year in EHEC.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Congrats also to Bern for now having the biggest sig pic in the league. :P

Return to “2012-2013 EHEC Playoffs”