May 29, 2013

Virtual Jarmo

May 29, 2013

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

PIT 4 - MTL 3
Shots: 31-21 PIT
PP: PIT - 3/6; MTL - 0/2

03:04 0-1 MTL Kamil Kreps [3] (Colby Cohen, Saku Koivu)
------------------------------------------------------------
24:33 0-2 MTL Andrei Kostitsyn [7] (David Backes, Jason Arnott)
36:41 1-2 PIT Jarome Iginla [6])PP
38:51 2-2 PIT James van Riemsdyk [6] (Ryan Whitney, Peter Holland)
43:07 3-2 PIT Peter Holland [2] (Paul Ranger)PP
48:02 3-3 MTL Andrei Kostitsyn [8] (Eric Brewer, Fedor Tyutin)
50:34 4-3 PIT Cody Hodgson [7] (Ryan Whitney, Jonathon Blum)PP

Three stars:
1st: Peter Holland
2nd: Andrei Kostitsyn
3rd: Jarome Iginla

Pittsburgh wins series 4-3
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Re: May 29, 2013

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The powerful Pittsburgh Penguins power play makes all the difference tonight as they score three times in six chances, including Cody Hodgson's game winner halfway through the third, to send the top-seeded Penguins to the Stanley Cup Finals. A strong showing from Andrei Kostitsyn wasn't enough for Brad Evans's bunch.

Congratulations to both teams for a terrific series. To Bern for making the Cup and to Brad for pushing the Penguins to the brink. Oh, yeah, and I guess I won't fire Brad after all, so, in that sense, it's a win for him.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

http://www.ehechockey.com/calendar.html
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Fuck. 3 minutes away from taking a 2-0 lead into the 3rd.

It was actually 4 PP goals as Hemsky took a penalty at 36:52 and the goal was scored at 38:51.

Didn't expect to win this series, (nor did many people probably see this going 7) but can't say I didn't get somewhat optimistic when we were trading wins through the first 6 games.

Carey Price, you sir, were an all-star. Hand him Conn Smythe. First time all playoffs the opposition scored more than 3 times, and it took 6 powerplays to do so. Definitely this team took way too many penalties over the year and hopefully we can work on that next year. 9 minors in 15 games for Burrows, 19 minors in 17 games for Savard. PK was great except for 1 game in Boston, and Game 6, and when it mattered most Game 7.

A lot of other people were great - Andrei Kostitsyn, Joe Pavelski, Nick Bjugstad, David Backes, Colby Cohen, Kyle Chipchura, just at the end of the day wasn't enough, Savard & Hemsky off the scoresheet in Game 7. Kopitar & Iginla didn't do a ton of damage either though. Lot of close games.

Not sure where to go from here, team just fell short. Definitely best season I've had though with them, placing 3rd. Congrats Bern on the win and go win the cup. Definitely think you took a strangle hold on the East when you got Blum. Should be a good series.
Femur

Post by Femur »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Oh, yeah, and I guess I won't fire Brad after all, so, in that sense, it's a win for him.
congrats Brad! like Bobby Knight, you survived long enough to be fired in even more spectacular fashion after your next incident. I wonder who will be the EHEC's Kent Harvey?

and for the story that interests me far less: congrats and good luck to bern and julian. creamers have risen to the top. hope that translates to french half as well as in my english thoughts.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Let's hope the final series lives up to these conference finals.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I really wanted to see someone get fired after winning the cup. :lol:
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Thanks Brad! Really kept it close, I knew it would go to game 7. You're the one that improved his team the most this season.

Now those fucking Flames, no more cheering, its WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Here we go Penguins here we go weo weo! We want another one just like the other one, we, want, more!!! Go Pens Go!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:I really wanted to see someone get fired after winning the cup. :lol:
If Brad had won the Cup, I'd have gracefully let him go out on top. :D
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

I might have relieved myself if that happened.

We'll never know but I think I would have had it with a Game 7 win, but we'll see.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

When's the SCF starting?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:When's the SCF starting?
Tomorrow night. June 1. I'll post the updated file in a few minutes.
Adam Burke

Return to “2012-2013 EHEC Playoffs”