Current AHL Playoff Matchups

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Current AHL Playoff Matchups

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

With a couple games left for each team, here's the way the AHL playoffs currently look. I have followed the real AHL format, so if the 5th team in the two 8-team divisions had more points than the 4th team in the two 7-team divisions, they are in.

Here are the matchups (A=Atlantic, E=East, N=North, W=West)

Eastern Conference

Hartford (Connecticut Whale now) (1A)
Portland (4A)

Worcester (2A)
Manchester (3A)

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (1E)
Adirondack (4E)

Hershey (2E)
Norfolk (3E)

Western Conference

Lake Erie (1N)
Peoria (5W)

Hamilton (2N)
Abbotsford (3N)

San Antonio (1W)
Milwaukee (4W)

Oklahoma City (2W)
Chicago (3W)

Remember the AHL playoff rules. I expect you guys with teams in this to take it seriously because making the file is a time-consuming pain in the ass. Last year was a disaster and I couldn't figure it out. This year, I should be good to go. I think I've got it all figured out. So, please, if you're involved, take it seriously.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Current AHL Playoff Matchups

Post by SharksGM »

Alec Martinez is going to show those Monarchs how monarchy rolls where he's from, which I can only assume is Mexico.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

SharksGM wrote:Alec Martinez is going to show those Monarchs how monarchy rolls where he's from, which I can only assume is Mexico.
I always assumed the same but sadly no. He's from Michigan. :(
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Yeah and Scott Gomez is Alaskan, so my conclusion is that all NHLers with Spanish-sounding names are from as far away from Mexico as possible (Raffi Torres is from Toronto). The next big star will probably be Juan Gonzalez from Hawaii.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Which team again are the Quebec Citadelles?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Which team again are the Quebec Citadelles?
Get the new config_teams.ehm. Should have been done a long time ago, like last summer.

I'll put it in the EHEC file if I need to.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I just simmed ahead and noticed that Dan Boyle is on the Monarchs' roster. I feel that's a little unfair ;)

I assume we can trust ourselves to submit lines without any unrelated NHL players on them.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:I just simmed ahead and noticed that Dan Boyle is on the Monarchs' roster. I feel that's a little unfair ;)

I assume we can trust ourselves to submit lines without any unrelated NHL players on them.
If you unassigned all GMs so that you could sim ahead, Boyle is in the Manchester farm team (Pittsburgh) and the CPU called him up.
Adam Burke

Return to “Team News”