Page 1 of 2
New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:34 pm
by GM Office Q
Http://www.ehechockey.com
Let me know if you find any bugs.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
WOW! Great work!!!!
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Awesome job.
The only thing I ran into, was after submitting AHL lines, it didn't go back to the GM office, it had the EHEC logo as the other page did, but there was just an orange line under it etc. Here's a screenshot. Also, the rulebook has disappeared, I think.

Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:30 pm
by AnaheimGM
Great work...Awsome!
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:32 pm
by TorontoGM
Looks outstanding.
I could have used that draft prospect pool tab for scouting, especially since I still cant get playerscout to work.

Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:01 pm
by Jets GM
Like I said in the other thread, amazing job Quinn. So happy we have people like you continuing to improve this league.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:08 pm
by GM Office Q
Nice catch Jason! I can already see where the problem is with that one. Also, I need to fix the news page when you click "Full Story" and also need to update the forum skin. I'll do it later.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:25 pm
by Calgary.Flames
I LOVE IT. You can change everything from the website now, it's absolutely great.
Will you have a DOWNLOAD link at the top again? And where can we find the rulebook from that new front page?
Also ... What is that PRESS BOX thing? How does it work? What is it for?
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:34 pm
by IslandersGM
This will be awesome. One error is that when you are on the forums. if you click the team logo it takes you to the old team pages sites.
If i see the new site correctly.. it would mean that someone that doesn't have the EHM engine on the computer - dowload compatabilty issues etc.. could still play now because you don't need the file. IF so then this is a big step forward for us as a league! Well done!

Ya know we should all try and find a way to meet in Vegas or something some day soon! Maybe run the draft that way too! lol
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:22 pm
by GM Office Q
Nice to see NYI dove right in with the press box app! Julien, the press box can be used to post a story directly to the front page from your GM panel, and it also goes to your team page too. As NYI found out, I'll need to limit the characters that get posted to the front page as well as update the 'Full Story' link. Yes, I designed the site to be easy to add/replace pages. Rule book/download will be up shortly. I decided to hold off on the rule book until we decide on all rule chantes. I'll also be adding a couple of other features such as player searching to try to completely eliminate the need for EHM. Also having GMs able to control their team from the website will reduce the work for the simmer each night.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:32 pm
by Calgary.Flames
I will be picky and post on everything that doesn't work properly.
For once, when I try to change a player's position, I need to do it twice before it works.
Can't believe how great this website is. I was able to scout the entire draft class in around 20 minutes.
I must have spent like 12 hours entering digits on my exel sheet, I want this time back!
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:52 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
OH MY GOD! THE FEATURES! Holy shit. Quinn, this is ridiculous, dude. I love the renovated GMCP.
Wow.
The only thing I would add, and I might just be missing it, is something that tallies up the salaries on the roster page to spit out a cap number.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:58 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
AvsGM wrote:Nice to see NYI dove right in with the press box app! Julien, the press box can be used to post a story directly to the front page from your GM panel, and it also goes to your team page too. As NYI found out, I'll need to limit the characters that get posted to the front page as well as update the 'Full Story' link. Yes, I designed the site to be easy to add/replace pages. Rule book/download will be up shortly. I decided to hold off on the rule book until we decide on all rule chantes. I'll also be adding a couple of other features such as player searching to try to completely eliminate the need for EHM. Also having GMs able to control their team from the website will reduce the work for the simmer each night.
What no app for Android????

Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:05 pm
by GM Office Q
Calgary.Flames wrote:I will be picky and post on everything that doesn't work properly.
For once, when I try to change a player's position, I need to do it twice before it works.
Can't believe how great this website is. I was able to scout the entire draft class in around 20 minutes.
I must have spent like 12 hours entering digits on my exel sheet, I want this time back!
Haha, sorry buddy!

Actually Julien, you only need to change the position once. When you click the button, a little notification appears at the top of the page. Just click 'OK' and the position will be changed.
Adam, yep as soon as we figure out the new RFA rules, I'll get a cap calculator app added to the GMCP (hopefully resembling the Excel sheet that TIm made).
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm
by GM Office Q
Fixed a couple of bugs. The bug Jason found, I also found on another couple of pages. My screen was going black after I updated NHL or AHL lines, or coaches or whatever. That bug is now fixed. I'll get to the posting full news story bug later today or tomorrow. Let me know if you guys find anything else!
Also, Adam, the scoreboard on the front page is already self-updating. Using the same methods as the Press Box, I'll make it so you can also change the GMOM, POM and ROM from your/Pat/Tim's GMCP.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:30 pm
by SharksGM
Good stuff. It's certainly a big improvement over nagging people with boring instructions about training, swapping positions and such.
The only things I've noticed so far, besides what Julien mentioned, is that there doesn't appear to be anything to track injured/suspended players. Like I am free to insert Justin Williams on all of my lines Otherwise, it does at least as much as what EHM itself does.
Also, it seems to prevent playing forwards out of position on the powerplay (on off wings or on defense), which we allow.
I haven't looked at how the pages work exactly, but is it overwriting players.ehm every time you click something? If so, I would caution that a backup or log should be kept in case the file gets corrupted, either due to a bug or something going awry if two people try to overwrite the file at the same time.
Re: New website
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:31 pm
by SharksGM
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Gonna quote an Obama image macro from Adam for posterity. He must be damn pleased.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:33 am
by GM Office Q
The original players.ehm is preserved in the league file each day. All players.ehm changes can only be made one at a time, so there is almost no likelihood that two people will ever update it at the same instant. Also, you're correct, the lineup rules aren't yet added as I wasn't sure if there were rule changes coming.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:24 am
by Edmonton Mike
Nice fucking job! Looks amazing!
One thing I noticed...in the stats, TK/GV aren't right. Stats are in the wrong column.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Wow, that looks great, Quinn. Wonderful work.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:27 am
by Penguin
Quinn you fucking beauty teach me how to do this sexy shit!!
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:59 pm
by GM Office Q
Chris, I fixed the 'bug' so that the full story is not posted on the main page, only the first few paragraphs. You can view the full story by clicking the link at the bottom of each story. It will take you to a page like this:
http://ehechockey.com/story.php?id=4
Also I changed over Phoenix Coyotes to Arizona Coyotes. Janis, let me know if you find any problems with your control panel, but it should work fine.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
AvsGM wrote:Also I changed over Phoenix Coyotes to Arizona Coyotes. Janis, let me know if you find any problems with your control panel, but it should work fine.
Janis is no longer in the league. Arizona is vacant.
Open teams are: ARI, BUF, NSH, PHI, and CHI.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:49 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:AvsGM wrote:Also I changed over Phoenix Coyotes to Arizona Coyotes. Janis, let me know if you find any problems with your control panel, but it should work fine.
Janis is no longer in the league. Arizona is vacant.
Open teams are: ARI, BUF, NSH, PHI, and CHI.
And MTL.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:48 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Bub(NYR) wrote:Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:AvsGM wrote:Also I changed over Phoenix Coyotes to Arizona Coyotes. Janis, let me know if you find any problems with your control panel, but it should work fine.
Janis is no longer in the league. Arizona is vacant.
Open teams are: ARI, BUF, NSH, PHI, and CHI.
And MTL.
Correct.
Man, we're only 80% full. That's a shitty number.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:22 pm
by CapsGM
Contraction?
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:24 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
Latvian guy left? Am I the only european in here again?
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:25 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
CapsGM wrote:Contraction?

Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:28 pm
by AnaheimGM
In my ''Team history'' there's a mistake, i did the playoff in 12/13 season, i lost in first round againgst CGY.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:28 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
Maybe my brother would play this game too . . . how about that? should I tell him?
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:29 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Dallas Stars GM wrote:Maybe my brother would play this game too . . . how about that? should I tell him?
Has he played EHM before?
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:30 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
Yes, he plays it longer than me

He actually plays in the czecho-slovak league with me too

I would explain him everything about this game (I mean cap-hit things and all new stuff which is not included in the league we play - except that he understand the game well, maybe better than I do

)
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:36 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Dallas Stars GM wrote:Yes, he plays it longer than me

He actually plays in the czecho-slovak league with me too

I would explain him everything about this game (I mean cap-hit things and all new stuff which is not included in the league we play - except that he understand the game well, maybe better than I do

)
Well, if he's interested, ask him to send in an application (link at the top of the page), to keep it all official.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:41 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
Okay, I will tell him

Thanks . . . there wil be no problem with him

Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:16 pm
by Edmonton Mike
Dallas Stars GM wrote:Okay, I will tell him

Thanks . . . there wil be no problem with him

Now we get two of this guy?! Great...

Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
No, he's not like me at all . . . he's conservative
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:31 pm
by Brett-SensGM
Edmonton Mike wrote:Dallas Stars GM wrote:Okay, I will tell him

Thanks . . . there wil be no problem with him

Now we get two of this guy?! Great...

Lol, that was my first thought... don't know if I am allowed to say it... but one of my favorite GM's I've ever come across in EHM.
On a side note, might have an experienced guy looking to join as well. Just going over things right now.
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:51 pm
by Brett-SensGM
FYI. Keep an eye out for an application from Steve Gardiner. Tons of EHM experience, runs his own league RATWHL... but like myself he is impatient and would like to jump right in for Buffalo. Let's fill this league back up boys!
Re: New website
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:32 pm
by MinnesotaGM
Looks fucking awesome
Re: New website
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:19 am
by Bruins_GM
Is there a link to the rulebook that I'm missing?
Re: New website
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:19 am
by Edmonton Mike
I don't have EHM here with me so I can't verify, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing TO's on a lot of contract.
If I remember correctly, James Neal, Nazem Kadri and Chris Summers, just to name a few, all have TO's attached to their contract in the game. I don't see them under Roster Management in GM Office.
Re: New website
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:49 am
by GM Office Q
Edmonton Mike wrote:I don't have EHM here with me so I can't verify, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing TO's on a lot of contract.
If I remember correctly, James Neal, Nazem Kadri and Chris Summers, just to name a few, all have TO's attached to their contract in the game. I don't see them under Roster Management in GM Office.
Use this list for the time being:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4171
To my knowledge, the PO/TO switches appear in 2 different .ehm files. I'll look into why that is. I already have the code to extract it so it is more an academic question than a bug, luckily

But yes, my TO PO list doesn't seem to match either.
Re: New website
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:42 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
YAY, new Blackhawks GM!
Re: New website
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:57 am
by Dallas Stars GM
My brother already sent an application

Re: New website
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 pm
by Bruins_GM
Is there any way we can add a function to save/download our team's lineup file from the website?
Re: New website
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:51 am
by GM Office Q
The new GMs: HawksGM, Montreal_GM, NashvillePredatorsGM, and SabresGM are all now able to access the GMCP.
http://www.ehechockey.com/gmcp.php
Re: New website
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:59 am
by TorontoGM
What's the ETA on the android app?
Re: New website
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:17 pm
by SharksGM
AnaheimGM wrote:In my ''Team history'' there's a mistake, i did the playoff in 12/13 season, i lost in first round againgst CGY.
True... Quinn, are you going to fix these things from now on? I entered the info from 11/12 and 12/13 manually so I could have made mistakes.
And to nitpick, it would be useful to have PIM back in the statistics page, as well as FO% in place of faceoff wins. T-G is optional I guess but the TK and GV columns are reversed.
Re: New website
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:46 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
I tried posting something in the Press Box, but it didn't show up on the front page, nor the Team News page.