Edmonton Oilers Draft Review:An Edmonton Oilers Draft Story.

Moderator: SharksGM

Edmonton Mike

Edmonton Oilers Draft Review:An Edmonton Oilers Draft Story.

Post by Edmonton Mike »

GM Mike Cleary doesn't give a fuck -and never will- about anything past the 1st round, so it's no surprise that he got rid of all picks except his own and the Jets' 1st rounder. Also, the draft lottery was pretty cool; the Oilers jumped from 10th to 3rd overall. Sweet shit right there. So yeah the Oilers drafted two players:

3rd overall:
Owen Tippett
Left Wing/Right Wing
6'2", 203 lbs

Tippett likes to fuck shit up and score goals. Reminds you of someone? You got it: Owen Tippett. Is he related to Dave Tippett? Maybe, I don't know. Unanimously, scouts agree that if they had to put a number on how fast he is going to skate, they would pick the number 86.

Tippett shown here playing with pucks. "I love playing with pucks so much, I thought I should try hockey".

6th overall:
Casey Mittelstadt
Center/Left Wing
6'0", 201 lbs

The Blues fucked Edmonton over by drafting Baby Bogosian and GM Mike Cleary is on record wishing St.Louis 82 losses in 2017-18. The Oilers went on and selected Mittelstadt. Despite sharing the same given name as Casey Affleck, Mittelstadt has never faced sexual harassment allegations. But just like Casey Jones, he loves hockey.

Casey Jones
Jon Merrill
1992-2021

Return to “Team News”