June 1, 2020

SharksGM
Site Admin

June 1, 2020

Post by SharksGM »

Results here: https://ehec.pro/schedule.php

League file here: https://ehec.pro/EHEC.zip

A surprise morning skate gets the Bolts off to the races in the first period, but the Stars shine brighter in the second thanks to some clutch penaltykilling from Pekka Rinne and close out the third with a Cup-winning goal from Mark Scheifele.

Congratulations to the Dallas Stars and GM Martin Brichta for their first EHEC Championship. Commiserations and yet still some congratulations to the Lightning and Justin Cote - 4/11 is a still a pretty sweet record for Finals appearances. And thanks to all of you for another great season. I doubt there are many real time leagues that have kept running non-stop as long as EHEC has.

Offseason announcements will commence later this week.
TorontoGM

Re: June 1, 2020

Post by TorontoGM »

Congrats y'all

Thanks for the hard work this year guys, 10+ years and I still find myself wanting more. Speaks volumes to the work and dedication that's gone into this league.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Congrats Martin. Seeing as you're my most frequent trading partner, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's stealing all my good'uns that did it for you.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Congrats DAL and thanks to a great first season here!
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Even if it's just an online league, it's a great great feeling winning the cup here and I feel like it's an accomplishment that means something to me, especially being a guy from Slovakia in a league where most of you are Americans and Canadians. First and foremost, thanks for accepting me to the league and believing that also a guy coming from middle of nowhere can be a good GM in this amazing project and at the end of the day, win it. This league is full of amazing people who helped me so much in the beginning and who are helping everybody so kindly and putting so much work into this league and they deserve so much credit. That being said, I'm also happy that this league is working hard to be as fair as possible (f.e. Rozon removing) and I applaud you for this approach up to this day. This league is giving no handouts, you'll get the help but after then, you have to work your ass off to make the best trades, best draft picks and contracts extensions and the best tactic for your team and on and on and it's not going to be easy, sometimes it will not make sense but you need to keep working hard to improve. My girlfriend passed the last exam for this year yesterday and I wished her luck. It was really an important one. But I also asked her to wish me luck last night to win this hockey game in this online league so she wished me luck too. And even if this game isn't REAL - from a larger perspective - yet, it is so REAL for us, it's been part of our lives for so many years. When we are troubled, confused or just tired from everyday struggle or visual smog, this game is saving us from feeling bad or anxious. It gives us means to relax and to comfort ourselves and to feel good again and for that I'm really thankful. It will always be real as long as we will care and love this game and this league. I hope that this league will continue for a long, long time. It's the best one! So to wrap this up, thank you all and let's a have great one next season and let's enjoy the draft coming up.

Martin.
Last edited by Dallas Stars GM on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

Congrats Martin! Well deserved.
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Congrats Martin!!
Jon Merrill
1992-2021
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Congrats Martin!! :D
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Also, make sure to ask Dan to give you the password to the hidden section of the forums. The one reserved for the Stanley Cup winners.

See you there!
Jon Merrill
1992-2021
PanthersDD

Post by PanthersDD »

Congrats Dallas and thanks to everyone who puts in the work to keep the league running smooth!
NashvillePredatorsGM

Post by NashvillePredatorsGM »

Congrats Martin and thanks to everyone who play and participate on running EHEC.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

Congratulations Martin!
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

Congrats Martin, well deserved!!

And a HUGE THANKS to Dan, Justin and Vik for all the time you spare for the league. You guys will never get enough credit for your great job.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

gg Dallas
Most recent file here.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Congrats! - On with the offseason!
NYI GM
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Congrats!
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Thank you all guys :)
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Well done sir!
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Congrats Martin! Also big thanks to the commishes (head honchos?) for the hard work.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2019-20 EHEC Playoffs”